nevermind!!!

thanks for any info.

Oz.

#2 ·
oztaco said:
nevermind!!!

thanks for any info.

Oz.

What the hell???????? :lmao: Hey I got some news I was going to call you about tonight on, but if you want to talk sooner, here is my new mobile number 317/828-7706 (sprint)

But I need to ask you a question or two about the SAS but more importantly I think I have a date set (depending on yours and Dave's schedule) and I want to also discuss Take Over with you.

Figured since you started a blank thread, I would put it to use!

#3 ·
Bear said:
What the hell???????? :lmao: Hey I got some news I was going to call you about tonight on, but if you want to talk sooner, here is my new mobile number 317/828-7706 (sprint)

But I need to ask you a question or two about the SAS but more importantly I think I have a date set (depending on yours and Dave's schedule) and I want to also discuss Take Over with you.

Still hijacking threads? :D
How's the SAS coming?

#4 ·
valkyrie said:
Still hijacking threads? :D
How's the SAS coming?

Not high Jacking, Putting to good use! he he he.

The SAS is making great progress actually. (first time I have felt confident in saying so) Momma Bear and I finally agreed on an actual date that I have time to do it and she has the money to give me for finishing.

The steering knuckles are ready to be picked up from the machine shop, all the brackets have been made and waiting for me to install. Only major components yet to be bought is the new brake system. Gears go in the axle in about two weeks, and then the brakes will be bought and I am golden!

Looks like the end of May. But everytime I state a date, all my plans get jacked so I am trying not to jinx myself yet again.

Hows your plans coming along?

#5 ·
Bear said:
Not high Jacking, Putting to good use! he he he.

The SAS is making great progress actually. (first time I have felt confident in saying so) Momma Bear and I finally agreed on an actual date that I have time to do it and she has the money to give me for finishing.

The steering knuckles are ready to be picked up from the machine shop, all the brackets have been made and waiting for me to install. Only major components yet to be bought is the new brake system. Gears go in the axle in about two weeks, and then the brakes will be bought and I am golden!

Looks like the end of May. But everytime I state a date, all my plans get jacked so I am trying not to jinx myself yet again.

Hows your plans coming along?
Crawling right along... :)
Hopefully putting the bracketry together by next week, shooting for completion by April 15th for a run to Gilmer!

#6 ·
Bear said:

hey sorry i didnt call you back i was on the phone with the bank getting a loan for my tow pig, '00 f250 7.3L 6sp.
call me wed.
oz.

#7 ·
valkyrie said:
Crawling right along... :)
Hopefully putting the bracketry together by next week, shooting for completion by April 15th for a run to Gilmer!

Damn! another one started after me that will be finished before me! :lmao:

I am hoping the ole addiage good things comes to those that wait will apply to me. I am shooting for completion on memorial day. I have had some more delays since the last time we talked but I think things will be straightened out soon and I can resume with burning the bills on the "camp fire" soon.

Are you going to be putting a sway bar back on since I presume you are still going to be driving it on the street? My friend that fabbed all the brackets for me is concerned with road manors and thinks I should add a sway bar with quick discos. what do you think?

#8 ·
oztaco said:
hey sorry i didnt call you back i was on the phone with the bank getting a loan for my tow pig, '00 f250 7.3L 6sp.
call me wed.
oz.

YOU SUCK! and not just because of the tow pig! but also for your other latest purchase!

You are also slow! especially since I already called you back last night. :lmao:

you better keep that date open that we discussed! I am going to hound you on it until the cutting begins. :D

#9 ·
Bear said:
Are you going to be putting a sway bar back on since I presume you are still going to be driving it on the street? My friend that fabbed all the brackets for me is concerned with road manors and thinks I should add a sway bar with quick discos. what do you think?
Won't know till I drive it, but we don't expect to be needing one at this time...

#10 ·
valkyrie said:
Won't know till I drive it, but we don't expect to be needing one at this time...
10-4 on that, the main concern with mine is the CG and the body lift. I will probably end up taking the body lift out, but that is probably down the road some.

I just got a nice little surprise. Since the last time I checked the local lift laws, they have changed them. Seems now. the bumper height has to remain + - 3" from stock. if so I think I am screwed!

Before I moved up here, I checked and there was no bumper requirements. the government up here is about as screwed as the Texas government if not worse!

#12 ·
oztaco said:
bear, why don't you cut the BL in half like i did, not too tall not too low? sawzall the pucks in half. you should do that now before the sas, start doing some wok!!!
got the toy pig man, is awesome, powerstroke baby, i'm loving it, specially stick, hurry up and get one.

Oz.
With as many body lifts as I installed back home I should have enough stock bolts just to remove the entire body lift. I just can't make up my mind if I want to do that or cut the body lift. I really don't want to hassle with any of it, but I know I probably should.

Why don't you make a road trip this weekend and break in the new toW Pig! I would like to see it.

I also got to thinking about it after you and I talked about it. I have my eye on an old 49 Mercury in Kansas City I would love to pick up, but I don't want to pay for a transport and my taco won't tow that kind of weight.

Can you say Tow Pig road trip???? :lmao:

Working right now on cleaning up the rear springs, I picked up a second set last weekend as well as Modifying the front bumper some. All of coarse while I am not even suppose to be lifting more than 25lbs yet…yeah right! like I am going to listen to the Dr about that right now!

#14 ·
Gadjet said:
Figured you would be done by now Bear...

Gadjet

I would have thought so also, but alot of professional as well as personal stuff still circling over my head. But we are trying like hell to make it happen by the end of May.

How have you been old friend? Still hopping between swamps and the low plains of the lone star state? or did you set anchor again?

I have already started planning my next project have you heard? It's of the two wheel variety. Problem with that plan is I have to duplicate it for Momma Bear because she wants one also.

#16 ·
First off... you didn't check correctly... the bumper law for Indiana is 30" for trucks, not +/- 3"... How would an officer know the stock position of your bumper if it's lifted or lowered?

Secondly, please, just do things instead of flapping about them. Honestly, how long does it take to clean some leaf springs?

What's the whole bear thing? Is it some sort of sick fetish?

#17 ·
bhunter said:
First off... you didn't check correctly... the bumper law for Indiana is 30" for trucks, not +/- 3"... How would an officer know the stock position of your bumper if it's lifted or lowered?

Secondly, please, just do things instead of flapping about them. Honestly, how long does it take to clean some leaf springs?

So that is cute :clap: ! bhunter! It doesn't take a genious to realize you created a new account so to keep your identiy hidden. did you not figure I would be able to understand what "bhunter" stood for.

If you have a private grude toward me, quit hiding on the internet be a man and show your real colors? or I guess we already know what they are :xrainbow:

I'll do things at my own speed, I don't need anyone telling me how to go about my business. and if you haven't seen all your answers are on that other thread you wanted to attack me on, they are there.

I hope you are having fun, because I love this type of crap! :flipoff1:

If you don't like my style, ask me if I care? internet posers such as yourself cause me no grief, I actually have fun chewing your type up and spitting you out.

so go have yourself a wonderful rainbow day! Puss pocket!

#18 ·
bhunter said:

Supahonkey, your'e an ass.

Barry is one of the nicest guys I've ever met through this group, and he's a hard working family man who has overcome alot of obstacles over the past year and a half (professional, medical and financial, including uprooting and moving his family halfway across country to your neighborhood).

It's pretty fucking weak when an internet weenie opens an anonymous account for the sole purpose of flaming him. You sir, are a tool, and I suspect your IP address will quickly banned so you can go back under your rock with the other cowards.

#20 ·
For everyone that did not see what he edited out!

Hunter said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAA

The reason this all came about is because pappa bear is an "internet weenie".
He's done nothing to his truck, but he talks and talks and talks and talks and
talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks
about his SAS.** We've done two and he hasn't even started on his.** It might also
be found interesting that he came to us for help since he has no welder (and
can't weld), has no way of cutting out his IFS (dare I say couldn't do that
without fucking it up either), has no way of rotating his knuckles, has no way
to tap his tie rod and drag link (which will probably be made out of conduit).
Bear (the only reason I capitalized that is because it was the first word of a
sentence, but I didn't like it) is a poser on too many levels.** I don't know any
of these hardships that you speak of.** I heard something about him having a neck
problem after working on one of our trucks?** That's because the ONE thing he did
while he was there was fucked up the posi
tioning of the rear spring hanger, so we plasma cut off what we could and made
him grind off the rest.** I'll bet that was a bitch, that's why we decided to do
it right.
Lastly, has ANYONE seen his truck?** Don't be in any hurry to take a gander,
because it'll be in it's current form for probably the next five to six years,
rough estimate.** One look at the truck and you know he's an Autozoner.** But, he
gets on here every day and talks it up about everything he's "fabbing" up.
Fabbing up how?** Fabbing up with what?** As far as I can tell he has a garage and
and angle grinder.** We probably all started off like that, but the rest of us
with any real skill or ability developed resources.

Brenton, if you think you are having fun and can play this off as a joke. forget it, you are an spoiled baby! that has been exposed.

Autozoner huh? that is a good one, I think I used that same term about 5 years ago. and where did you get your rotors from?

and you rotated your knuckles how? and you knew how to do it for how long before you begged your racing mechanic friend to explain it to you?

conduit for drag links and tie rod? hmmm that sounds about right for your first class "fab" shop sitting on your grand fathers property in the prefabbed, drafty barn. So what is the latest piece of equipment he has bought you? another plasma cutter, maybe a tig welder by now. And yes I am doing my sas in my garage, I wonder if anyone else has done that before? Not everyone has a grand father that goes out and buys his grandson anything he thinks he wants.

I had my chomoly tubing long before I made your sorry excuse for an aquaintence.

as for the appearance of my truck, I am so glad it offends you, it shows that you have no creativity or sense of humor. I really could give a rat's ass if you like my truck or not, It's mine and gives my kids something to have fun with. They like the way it looks. so it is perfect to me.

So I am the one that screwed up your rear axle positioning huh? the ulitimate responsiblity of any SAS is that of the owner of the rig or the shop doing it for said owner. I made a suggestion, you did not have to take it. did I feel bad about the mistake?…yes, was I willing to work to repair it? yes! and where were all your other "friends" that were suppose to be there helping while you kept crying like a little baby everytime you pinched your finger or slag fell on you? I seem to remember one other "yes man" there the entire time while I was there everyday helping out what I thought was a fellow TTORA member and wheel'er. I could have left you hanging. As for you "making me grind the rest off" Please! No one made me even come back to even offer to help. but being the person I am and knowing you did not have the help you thought you would I offered my help. Sure glad it was appreciated.

Which brings me to the next point, why I am not wheeling now, I am smart enough to know my truck is not trail worthy after replacing my trail tires for a 1200 mile journey from my home state. I could be like you and try and then do something stupid. but I would rather concentrate on getting my family settled into their new surrounding and concentrate on doing my project the correct way before tearing up my truck any further. If you think I am a poser, I would like you to visit Texas where we have real rocks! hit the trails I have dismissed as no challenge and while you are at it, explain to me why one needs limiting straps on the front end of an IFS rig with no articulation.

So how many trails has that piece of shit SAS truck of yours seen? have you even gotten a front drive shaft on it yet? I guess you have been too busy trying to figure out why you can't keep your rear drive shaft on. Let me give you a hint on that problem.

Just because someone tells you that you have to move your front hanger 7.5"s forward does not meant that is exact for everyone, you have to measure for yourself. That and you do not try and lift the rearend before you even cut the IFS off. The truck needs the angles of the front axle to accurately position for the weight of the rear! Dumb ASS!

Brenton you are definitely not worth this much energy much less attention. so I will leave you with this great wisdom of a wife of a loving husband In Momma Bear's own words said better than I could "He is a spoiled little (grandpa and daddy give me anything I want) baby he knows nothing about the real world or real problems or responsibilities and his truck is something to look at? it looks like crap to me and sounds like it too. and how long has he been in the club? and he is an asset to the club how, more like just and ASS. and you did not have to help at all anyways did all his other "friends" stay the whole time?

to you sir, I bid you farewell and as the saying goes, don't call me…and I won't ever call you.

But the way the knuckles were a piece of cake to rotate. Yes everything is taken care of and done by yours truly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.