TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know if this is the right thread but anyways i just completed the deck plate mod and used the sensor safe silicon but my check engine light come on will it go off? what should i do??/

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o.k this may sound stupid but went to gas up w/ the light on after gassing up and starting back up the light is gone (wow magic) and yes it was the check engine light and not the gas light. won't go any where else tonight we'll see what light 6am turns on.....lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
The check engine light can come on if the gas cap isnt tight. Either way get the codes pulled. They will be stored in the computer, that way you know what it was incase it intermitant.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Believe it or not - The night when I 1st did my Deckplate mod (many moons ago), my truck did the EXACT SAME THING.

CEL came on. I ignored it, and went to the bar for a few hours. Came back out, and CEL was gone.

I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
MERCER FABRICATION
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing