TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my brakes earlier today and the driver side was easy...
Then I started on the passenger side and it was a pain is the F*#^ a**. Well finally got the caliber off and the top screw is..........ya my luck....IT IS STRIPPED!!!!! The treads inside the part that the caliber bolts to looks like it may be damaged also! :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

I need help! What if anything can I do..????

·
Registered
801 Posts
So the threads on your new calipers are messed up?? If you can figure out the bolt size/pitch I'd head to harbor freight or something and see if you can get a tap/die set to clean the threads out.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it was the threads on the knuckle that the bolt that goes through the caliber and in to it. Where the caliber gets bolted on to. I went to Checkers Auto and got a tap set and fixed it. Just have to bleed them and break them in and im good to go...or shall I say stop :D

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Excellent,glad you got it fixed...now you need to put some miles on them,check out my run in the events section!!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
hopper
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing