TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not really an event, but I did not know where else to put this. Anyways

I am looking to get 4-5 trucks together for a photo shoot. I am currently taking to sport photography class at Brooks Institute of Photography, and the class ends at the end of Feb. (that's y I cannot photograph Calico). I would like to do an over night shoot to get some "life style" images around the fire so it needs to have somewhere or be by somewhere we can camp. I know it will be cold, but I will pay for the gas and you will get prints (If I had more money, I would pay you more, but I am a poor college student, sry). The harder the obstacles, the better the images. We can go any day Thursday-Sunday; any time after the week of the 27th and before Calico. If anyone has suggestions or has a favorite area to go Off-roading/camping, please let me know. I'll pay for gas and we will have a great time and get some sick images.

Please let me know what you think

·
Registered
217 Posts
Tweeter said:
I'd help you out but I'm not a rockcrawler, if you're into high-speed prerunner images let me know.
same here. you could get some good action shots with a prerunner if thats what your going for.

·
Registered
217 Posts
hey i just noticed that MDR is having a race in two weeks that would be your best bet. there will be hundreds of trucks, buggies, bikes, quads, and campfires. if you do this go the night before the race and check out tech (when they check to make sure all the cars are safe and are built by the rules). while at tech try to find ART and ask him for a map and were the best places are to get pics. he's not hard to find; go to the end of tech and look around for a guy that has burn scars and a hook for a hand, really nice guy and he's been running it for a while, so he knows his shit. anyway here's the link---> click me

·
Registered
332 Posts
id be willing to help you out. It would have to be in atleast a week or 2, i just torched my clutch so i need to get ahold of a new one first. Andif i went id bring a few rigs with me, we all roll out together.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Theres pismo for prerunner shots. Some other places around LA and SD for shots like that too.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Moranton said:
This is not really an event, but I did not know where else to put this. Anyways

I am looking to get 4-5 trucks together for a photo shoot. I am currently taking to sport photography class at Brooks Institute of Photography, and the class ends at the end of Feb. (that's y I cannot photograph Calico). I would like to do an over night shoot to get some "life style" images around the fire so it needs to have somewhere or be by somewhere we can camp. I know it will be cold, but I will pay for the gas and you will get prints (If I had more money, I would pay you more, but I am a poor college student, sry). The harder the obstacles, the better the images. We can go any day Thursday-Sunday; any time after the week of the 27th and before Calico. If anyone has suggestions or has a favorite area to go Off-roading/camping, please let me know. I'll pay for gas and we will have a great time and get some sick images.

Please let me know what you think
Hey Joel, whatever happened to the snow run pics?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll get the snow pics up asap.

Ok, I have a great idea for the pre-runners. There is a dry river bed in Santa Maria, so if you guys can, lets head out there. we do not have to stay over night because there is no camping out there. remember i will pay for gas!!!!

Also for the camping I am going to be in and around Big Bear feb 9th-18th so if i can get some guys out there during that time, that would be sweet.
I saw that there is a new 4x4 owner looking to go up, so maybe we can get some other trucks up there with him. Lets pick a few days and get some trucks up there.

Also, thank you so much for telling me about the race in Barstow. It fits perfectly in my schedule.

So guys let me know who can do what when and lets nail down some dates.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i'll have to see. i just got a new job so i'll let you know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
Moranton
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing