TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..names nick..im 17..and i have a 1999 Tacoma Prerunner 2.7L . Add-ons include Westin ultimate bull bar,Mickey Thompson two's,31 10.50 BfGoodrich A/T's..clear headlights,turning signals,and bumper lights,Pioneer 2800 cd player,440 watt pioneer 6x9's. Im looking to convert my truck to 4x4. Before you say sell it, i can't , I rolled the truck back in febuary totaling it now the price of it has droped lower than i would want to sell it for so its pretty much mine. So any help with cheap performance or hidable parts for performance please help (my dad is strict and wont let me touch the motor) but i want to anyways.Anyways here i am....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Nick, welcome. Sorry to hear about your problem. Since it's totaled, the insurance company won't give you money for a new one? I don't know much about what you are wanting to do, but I have heard that it is pretty expensive.

Good luck on whatever happens. :)

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA! :)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
NcYota99 said:
Ok..names nick..im 17..and i have a 1999 Tacoma Prerunner 2.7L . Add-ons include Westin ultimate bull bar,Mickey Thompson two's,31 10.50 BfGoodrich A/T's..clear headlights,turning signals,and bumper lights,Pioneer 2800 cd player,440 watt pioneer 6x9's. Im looking to convert my truck to 4x4. Before you say sell it, i can't , I rolled the truck back in febuary totaling it now the price of it has droped lower than i would want to sell it for so its pretty much mine. So any help with cheap performance or hidable parts for performance please help (my dad is strict and wont let me touch the motor) but i want to anyways.Anyways here i am....
Welcome NICK! if your looking to do the 4x4 conversion, there are a fw people that have done it on here and i even think there are some writeups and shoping lists floating around somewhere...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My name is Randy and I'm about to purchase a 95 4 Runner SR5 4x4 (170 K miles), and I have a few questions... 1. How durable is the 3.0? 2. Whats with the head gasket problem... fact or myth? 3. How durable is the truck all together?

Thanks to whoever can provide me with some help!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
dougtrd
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing