1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
oh damn... if I had the $$ i would sooo do that. Sure beats a 22RE on power, and nice life as well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That would be one fun little truck!

·
Registered
502 Posts
ATLRoach said:
Nose heavy.. Plus a 4BT is a 4cyl Tubro.
I thought he just said it weights about the same as a chevy small block and if it pulls even half as hard as my 6bt (6 cyl turbo) that pushes around a 6000-7000lb full size dodge I bet its a freaking blast.
Jake

·
Registered
52 Posts
The engine weighs in at 570lbs. dry, they are 31inches tall, and they only need one wire to run the engine, and that is for the pump.
You can almost double your horse power by just turning up the pump manually.

Vortec 4.3 weighs 492 lbs.
Chevy L98 5.7 V8 600 lbs.
Chevy 6.5L Diesel V8 644 lbs.
Chevy 454 675 lbs.

This engine powers your UPS vans, Frito Lay, and bread vans, and they move pretty quick loaded, I know I have driven them.

This enigne in a small truck would be amazing, and you should get about 30 mpg. :D
And it would last 300 - 600K miles before needing anything, plus the other cool things are, you can tow, and you can put a Jake Brake on it.

I plan on putting one in my 1990 excab the end of this year :saw: :welder: , I called the emissions air program of Denver, and they told me I could put this in my toyota truck, and it would be legal.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Scott39 said:
The engine weighs in at 570lbs. dry, they are 31inches tall, and they only need one wire to run the engine, and that is for the pump.
You can almost double your horse power by just turning up the pump manually.

Vortec 4.3 weighs 492 lbs.
Chevy L98 5.7 V8 600 lbs.
Chevy 6.5L Diesel V8 644 lbs.
Chevy 454 675 lbs.

This engine powers your UPS vans, Frito Lay, and bread vans, and they move pretty quick loaded, I know I have driven them.

This enigne in a small truck would be amazing, and you should get about 30 mpg. :D
And it would last 300 - 600K miles before needing anything, plus the other cool things are, you can tow, and you can put a Jake Brake on it.

I plan on putting one in my 1990 excab the end of this year :saw: :welder: , I called the emissions air program of Denver, and they told me I could put this in my toyota truck, and it would be legal.

that is awesome. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I talked to my buddy that has rebuilt many semi cummins, he told me you can only turn the pump up 20 percent, if you go any higher, you should run a bigger Turbo, and bigger injectors.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dang that fellow lives like 8 miles away from me, it would be a fun truck..but i already got a 85 toyota pickup turbodiesel 4x4.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Spokane is not 8 miles from Puyallup on my map? WTF? :D

Would be a KA truck though...... :cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very cool! I was wondering what it would take to put a cummins in a <85 pickup, but didn't think it would fit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts