TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a boot for my outer tie rod, passenger side, for 04 prerunner, but I cant find one readily available (O'reilly only has the whole outer tie rod). Heres the pic (taken from trdparts4u):

What I need is just the boot for part 1, and perhaps clips and a grease pack. Help? lol

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
I need a boot for my outer tie rod, passenger side, for 04 prerunner, but I cant find one readily available (O'reilly only has the whole outer tie rod). Heres the pic (taken from trdparts4u):

What I need is just the boot for part 1, and perhaps clips and a grease pack. Help? lol

I picked up a boot at the dealership. I don't recall how much I paid, but it wasn't much.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'll be giving them a call tomorrow. Just figured I'd give our guys a sale if they wanted it (and if I save 5 bucks, I save 5 bucks, so what the hay ;))

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
Yeah I'll be giving them a call tomorrow. Just figured I'd give our guys a sale if they wanted it (and if I save 5 bucks, I save 5 bucks, so what the hay ;))
Gimme a call tomorrow, I typically have all that stuff in stock. And as Harold said, if you plan to come to the meeting I'll deliver it to ya!

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Jomentum said:
lemme look in the back lot, plenty of donor vehicles out there.
Nuttin' better than free!

Joe
You theivin bastard Joe! Hey, I need a transmission, t-case and ecu for a 4.7L...ya think you can dig me those up out of a donor vehicle there buddy?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
TACOZILLA said:
Gimme a call tomorrow, I typically have all that stuff in stock. And as Harold said, if you plan to come to the meeting I'll deliver it to ya!
Ya know I'd love to come hang out with y'all, but if it's on a weeknight I can't make that drive 0_o

Damn I gotta get back to houston!!

EDIT: Disregard! ;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jomentum said:
lemme look in the back lot, plenty of donor vehicles out there.
Nuttin' better than free!

Joe
LMAO thanks man hahaha!

Got some manual hub spindles back there? LOL

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
LMAO thanks man hahaha!

Got some manual hub spindles back there? LOL
Dang.....sorry

I usually look in the body shop boneyard daily for useful stuff

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TACOZILLA said:
Looks like I can make it to this meeting, I'll call ya tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha thanks man :D

Coming to the monthly meeting this week? I could meet you there. I'm in college station so making a run to houston isn't easy for me ;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's cool, sure appreciate it :)

So what kind of grease do these things take? I saw some silly-cone looking junk oozing out when I enspected the torn boot. Can I get packets of the stuff at the dealership or do I need to get something aftermarket?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
6 Participants
=ACID RAIN=
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing