TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is an 87/01, not one of each! 1st gen body on a 3rd gen. I think there is one more of these floating around the Front Range somewhere.

I just posted up on the main Newb section and some pics on the 4R/pickup section.

Check my post here for pics:
photos & info

Overall happy with the truck, but my current suspension SUCKS. The truck came with some (stock?) coils/Procomp shocks in the front and PP coils/yellow-blue Bilsteins in the rear... rode great. I found some cheap Fabtech coilovers and put those on with some LC springs in the back- same rear shocks that came on it. That lift resulted in a really rough ride. I will be getting rid of those Fabtechs and replacing the rear shocks as soon as I can find something else. That setup is just too rough off road, it's bad enough just in town. I'll post my suspension woes over there as I try something else.

Hope to meet some of you soon!
josh

·
Registered
434 Posts
Wow, can't say I've ever seen such a thing - very impressive! Not a fan of the autotragic, but that is certainly one of the more unique vehicles on the road - and you can't really tell... that's probably the coolest part!

Welcome to CoTTORA!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Cool, I think I have seen a red one for sale that was a little more setup for offroad at some point. I'm also in Fort Collins (more or less). Our numbers in Northern Colorado are growing to a pretty good size again. Maybe we'll see you around. Welcome.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome. I definitely want to wheel with some of you. I haven't really given it a good go yet.

That red one just got taken back to have a SC put on- I just talked to the owner of Iribis by chance when I was calling about some parts on craigslist. That red truck was listed originally for $14,500, I got mine for $3,500! Granted he gets an e-locker, better bumpers, sliders, yada yada... well built truck, but I can make do with the $11G difference.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Welcome! I'm going to school up in FoCo so I'll keep an eye out for you!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome, Im up in Foco as well!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome from another guy up in the Fort! Cool to see a 4Runner like that, it seems like a very rare build

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Really cool rig! I keep thinking about doing something like that to my 88.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts