TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for yall - are all the spindles for taco (4x4 and prerunner) the same except for the bearing inserts? Can one bearing set be removed from, say, my prerunner spindles and new guts be put in for manual hubs? I know they can be swapped on the 4x4s, but what about on prerunners?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Good question. I pulled the caps off my old PreRunner spindles for fun. From what I could tell, yes, it looks like you could press 4x4 hub bearings in them but I don't know if it's ever been done.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, looks like I stumbled onto something then ;)

Hey Joe, got a 30 ton press at that shop you work at?? hehe......

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
Thanks man, looks like I stumbled onto something then ;)

Hey Joe, got a 30 ton press at that shop you work at?? hehe......

Yeah, I can't tell you how many tundra front brake updates I did with the front bearing replacement. I have 6 of those special hub nut tools now.
Make sure you have the seal and snap ring with the bearing.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I thought about going this route but once I figured the cost of the bearings, hubs, and press work it was just easier and cheaper go to with complete spindles.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm..

Got a hypothetical:
So let's say I have stock prerun spindles, and I want to press in the stuff for manual hubs. So let's say I have this equipment ready to go (I don't yet, but just saying). Anyways, What would it entail to add ABS to the equation? Can the ABS crap be added just fine, or does it require more work? This is of course with spindles that are already drilled for ABS sensors.

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
Hmm..

Got a hypothetical:
So let's say I have stock prerun spindles, and I want to press in the stuff for manual hubs. So let's say I have this equipment ready to go (I don't yet, but just saying). Anyways, What would it entail to add ABS to the equation? Can the ABS crap be added just fine, or does it require more work? This is of course with spindles that are already drilled for ABS sensors.
Just make sure you have all the bits and pieces= hub,nut,abs ring and seals
dust ring and c-clip.
Get'er runnin'

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heh, it's gonna have to wait for a few more months at least! I gotta conserve funds until after the move, at which point I'll actually be able to hang with yall and maybe have another DD (el cheapo) so I can work on this one. Right now i need this truck up and running 100% every day, so no time for serious work in case there's a hangup in the middle. Light shit like swapping out struts is about as far as I feel comfortable going right now.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe you rock dude, as always :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yo, hey, I got spindles on the way (i made a rhyme, yay)...

Anyways (ok trying to stop) they (damnit) don't have ABS most likely, so I'll either 1) be drilling them for ABS or 2) pulling the ABS fuse and tying the sensor wires off until removal.

How difficult would it be to drill that dude? I like ABS on the street and can always pull the fuse when I'm offroading, but with big ol' 33s, is it worth it to try and drill it for the sensor?

Either way (shit) I most likely need new bearings for the spindles that are on the way (I give). On the upside, I'm getting newly reman'd CVs and more hubs, which leaves me with two trail spares should I want them :)

And now I am officially BROKE lol.

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
Sorry Ryan, I guess that's why they call it a "junkpile" , there aint JACK out there that You could use.

I did find a center exhaust pipe from a Camry that is like the one I have on the Green T....it makes a great riceburner exhaust :saw: :cool:
HEY MAN...nuttin better than FREE!!!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Word man word, and thanks for lookin :D

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have got somting to add to this thread.

can I press the manuel hub bearing and everything into my add spindal? I ask this because my passenger side manuel hub spindal threads are all jacked up. And I want to take the manuel hub guts and put them in my old add spindal.

Adam

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Ok now, which is it.
if you read carefully my question is different then yours. I'm asking if I can interchange manuel spindels and add spindels. And I can.

your asking somthing a little different.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts