TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question. I've got this clunking BS going on, on my passenger front. I can't isolate it. If I bring it in for diags and it turns out to be an upper balljoint, steering bushings or something else that is normally covered under warranty, will the dealership give me shit for the lift and larger wheels? I guess what I'm asking is are the places yall work mod/offroad friendly or do they frown on this sort of thing? Most do, but I figured I'd ask since yall are not the norm in this field. Thanks..

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Most dealers would probably give you shit about it. All you can do is take it in and see what they say. We put lifts on right here at the dealer so the service department is somewhat lenient when it comes to vehicles such as yours.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shannon. Obviously it would be cool to walk in and they be OK with the lift, but at the same time I know I've gone and played with the suspension and that may not fly. I just wanted to get a feel for what it's like, because I might be bringing it that way at some point down the road :)

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
Bs

As far as I'm concerned, It's Still got Warranty on the factory parts.:cool:
I've been doing this for some time......................... and
can tell what might throw a "RED FLAG" on a repair.:rolleyes:
Being as The Service Manager is Ultra cool and needs Me to help
with his next Taco Project...He sold his 86 4x4 :(
He GETS it..:saw:

·
Registered
473 Posts
hey

Upper balljoints are covered under warranty? I thought they were a "wear" part? Shit! My friend had his go out and that's what they told him, so I figured it would be pointless to bring mine in. I just did them myself. Would have been nice to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts