TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that was me, fuck you were going so slow im suprised you couldnt read my t-shirt:D
On shit, perhaps you missed the results?;) We may have seemed slow, but seems odd our times placed us fifth in 7200, and we barely got beat by Dave Cole's 4400...who destroyed the rest of that class. BTW, did I mention we won our class by 3 hours?:D

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Your class? I didn't know they had a Special Olympics class for off road racing. When did that start?

On shit, perhaps you missed the results?;) We may have seemed slow, but seems odd our times placed us fifth in 7200, and we barely got beat by Dave Cole's 4400...who destroyed the rest of that class. BTW, did I mention we won our class by 3 hours?:D

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good pics after the race Mike
[/IMG]
That shit was so funny...6 years ago.:D Did you notice that one of the KOH/4400 cars finally beat us in overall time...of course, Dave's 4400 car has more in common with 1 cars than 4400 cars, but still glad to see that finally happen.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
wanna impress me? leave the line 1 min right before or after one of the 4400 cars. we did sweep, cleaned the course from the start to the first road crossing(34miles), its was a way diffrent course after the TT class 1's went thru:eek:

the UTV i was in would barely make it thru most sections and didnt make it on first try in some spots, needless to say we all looked like we'd been rollling in flower when we were done

congrats on your win

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Got this off of facebook good read from Roger Norman:

I drove the first 308 miles of the Vegas to Reno. We started 26th because of a mistake I made during qualifying. I had Pelochino from Ensenada navigating and we moved through the field with a good pace. We dropped off the truck to Armin Schwarz after improving our track position by 20 vehicles with no issues. We were 6th on the road ...and 4th on time with only 3 minutes 40 seconds separating us from first place. Armin picked off two more cars and moved into fourth position physical and third overall. Then just after the Rawhide Pit there were some large rollers which they hit with more speed than was needed. They think they may now hold the record for jumping an off-road vehicle. When they finally landed they took out the drive shaft and suffered damage to the right front wheel and both rear tires which incredibly still held air and got them to the final pit at Top Gun only 4 minutes on corrected time from first place. The tires were quickly changed as the drive shaft and fuel were going in. When the final connection was being made on the drive shaft the guys under the truck asked to have the trans put into nuetral, it momentarily went to reverse. You will see everyone under the truck jumping as they are trying to hold a spinning drive shaft in the video attached. This should be a good lesson for others not to take the trans out or park and spin the rear tires to line up the drive shaft. The caps were thrown from the u-joints and they had to get a second drive shaft to install. When Armin left the pit they were down 11 minutes to first place and it was going to be close as to whether or not we could catch Vildosola. They had the only flat of the day in the last 70 miles of the race. Fortunately for us truck 21 (Vildosola) had two flats in this section and ended up finishing in third place five minutes behind us on time. The Norman & Schwarz Team finished in 2nd place 19 minutes behind Rick Johnson in his #71 TT.See More

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkFvELSIgqc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts