TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Check this out
Hell yeah. Myron said he'd go a little more fancier than the receiver hitch material idea. I like it! He's going to gusset the uhhh errrr pan hard drop tube yes? Gonna be a rough ride with the rigid mount shocks.lol How about the front, more traditional panhard?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
One links "move" great...often way too much.:D

Edit: Wait...wtf? That's not a "one link"? It appears to be a radius arm three link type thingamabobber.

Edit2: We need closer pics of the frame end setup...sort of appears to be two seperate links with bushings? I hope I'm seeing it all wrong!!!

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
The front is a radius arm with panhard, or at least that is what I see. The rear I am sure will be fixed up with air shocks or C/O's. I think maybe he did the bar stock to simulate ride height. Cool idea, but I would go one step further with some kind of bearing at the top and bottom of that slip to make for a silky smooth ride. It all work in my mind, but i totally agree with Stroke on the gussetting on the slip part. Butt welds on both sides like that would last about one trail.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
:suicide:

Square tube, not just for driveshafts anymore:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hey Mike, remember watching Brown Dog Jeff's rig at the Cracks flop around? And he only had a one-link in the rear! Think of the possibilities!!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Off the top of your head, anyone know what the anti-squat is on a one link?

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
By using my super duper guesstimation theory, and assuming those "square links" are 2x2...I am guesstimating a diameter of "probably less than an inch"...in my guesstimation...that could be a problem.:D
Beer goggles have that effect on a person....... I'm going to venture a guess that it's at least 1" or 1.25". :D

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
About this Discussion
111 Replies
22 Participants
Symon623
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing