TTORA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
We're not building dragsters or race cars ya know.
lol. I said that to a couple people last week when discussing the 1 link topic.

I find it funny that 4 link people are just so abhorred to the idea. Must be another case of the kool-aid being passed around. Heavens forbid someone work on something outside of the box and oh lordy the catastrophe if it were to be simple and less costly.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I don't know what it is but it ain't no Panhard bar. Even the French couldn't come up with that. Watts link anyone? Panhard is the name of the frog who invented it ya know.

Well i guess when it's wheeling we will all see how it works. I really want to see how the vertical panhard works out.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
wtf does that have anything to do with anything?
Exactly. RTI #'s don't mean crap when it comes to real world wheeling. If it were all about the #'s then everyone would be doing the exact same thing, but that's not the case and there is a HUGE variance in what people say does and doesn't work. There are WAY more factors than the numbers to make a rig work. Ever seen a bad ass rig go up everything, then it gets sold and struggles on everything or vice versa.

4 links can work fine, when adjusted properly. The same holds true to any suspension including a 1 link.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Hey Stroke you are right about one think we all have our opinions.
If you don't think the numbers matter good for you.
I'll stick with what I know works. I like a rig that doesn't unload in the front or hop in the rear when climbing a fall. Doesn't body roll like it's gona fall on it's side when getting some down a dirt road. Have the front or rear steer big time taking it off the line I want. But hey for me that is the definition of what works - your's may be different. Carry on....
FYI - RTI ramp numbers have nothing to do with suspension numbers.

Exactly. RTI #'s don't mean crap when it comes to real world wheeling. If it were all about the #'s then everyone would be doing the exact same thing, but that's not the case and there is a HUGE variance in what people say does and doesn't work. There are WAY more factors than the numbers to make a rig work. Ever seen a bad ass rig go up everything, then it gets sold and struggles on everything or vice versa.

4 links can work fine, when adjusted properly. The same holds true to any suspension including a 1 link.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Hey Stroke you are right about one think we all have our opinions.
If you don't think the numbers matter good for you.
I'll stick with what I know works. I like a rig that doesn't unload in the front or hop in the rear when climbing a fall. Doesn't body roll like it's gona fall on it's side when getting some down a dirt road. Have the front or rear steer big time taking it off the line I want. But hey for me that is the definition of what works - your's may be different. Carry on....
FYI - RTI ramp numbers have nothing to do with suspension numbers.
God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! I would have never known an RTI score had zero to do with suspension numbers. Get a grip, it was in reference to #'s aren't the end all when it comes to wheeling. I guess I should have spelled it out for you in a spreadsheet. As for all the other crap you posted, you should send that to Obama as it sounds just like the garbage he spews to the masses of sheeple.

I love how it won't work or that it'll have all these flaws, but I have yet to see anything other than opinion and theory with out factual proof to back it up. Continue on, the hate makes me want to do one even more :D.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I like a rig that doesn't unload in the front or hop in the rear when climbing a fall.
To keep this thread from getting any more :supergay:

I have a question. How do you keep a rig from bouncing when climbing stuff? Mine seems to push upward (like standing up if on flat ground) when climbing stuff. It's 4 linked in the rear with springs in the front. Sometimes it'll bounce like hell, and other times it'll climb without a problem as long as I can get traction.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
To keep this thread from getting any more :supergay:

I have a question. How do you keep a rig from bouncing when climbing stuff? Mine seems to push upward (like standing up if on flat ground) when climbing stuff. It's 4 linked in the rear with springs in the front. Sometimes it'll bounce like hell, and other times it'll climb without a problem as long as I can get traction.
Lower your anti-squat. The beauty of a four link like yours Randy, is that it is easily tunable...because you can vary vertical seperation both at the axle, and at the frame. You can also adjust the variances in length between your upper and lower links. This is why a fucking ONE LINK is shit. It's a floppy pile attached to your frame at one point....zero adjustability!!!:lmao:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
thanks for picking up the slack Mike.
and well said

Lower your anti-squat. The beauty of a four link like yours Randy, is that it is easily tunable...because you can vary vertical seperation both at the axle, and at the frame. You can also adjust the variances in length between your upper and lower links. This is why a fucking ONE LINK is shit. It's a floppy pile attached to your frame at one point....zero adjustability!!!:lmao:

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
good I'll look forward to seeing it. :lmao:

God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! I would have never known an RTI score had zero to do with suspension numbers. Get a grip, it was in reference to #'s aren't the end all when it comes to wheeling. I guess I should have spelled it out for you in a spreadsheet. As for all the other crap you posted, you should send that to Obama as it sounds just like the garbage he spews to the masses of sheeple.

I love how it won't work or that it'll have all these flaws, but I have yet to see anything other than opinion and theory with out factual proof to back it up. Continue on, the hate makes me want to do one even more :D.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts
About this Discussion
111 Replies
22 Participants
Symon623
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing