TTORA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
What happens to that pogo stick in a roll when the rig lands on the side of the rear tire?:eek:
Now see, there is a good valid point to consider :kewl:. Yeah, unloaded with a side shot definitely could be cause for pogo bendage. I don't care for the traditional panhard, but that is a point in it's favor.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Yes but if it has a pivot on the bottom end which I suspect it does, it would likely deflect. It'd have to take the hit dead square 90 degrees.

Now see, there is a good valid point to consider :kewl:. Yeah, unloaded with a side shot definitely could be cause for pogo bendage. I don't care for the traditional panhard, but that is a point in it's favor.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Yes but if it has a pivot on the bottom end which I suspect it does, it would likely deflect. It'd have to take the hit dead square 90 degrees.
The one pictured has a heim on the bottom end. Maybe it should be made out of Howyaguglins beloved ubbatoiletanium memory aluminum sticks. Then it should retain straightness unlike Howyastoolsamplin.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
What happens to that pogo stick in a roll when the rig lands on the side of the rear tire?:eek:
It won't matter Larry. Before it could ever reach a point to take a seriously hard roll from off the ground, it will already be on it's side due to the one-link. Before I'mhavingheatstrokescauseitshotoutside says anything more, I will say I have rode in AND drove a one-link. How many of you can say that? And to add to that, I don't care to build one, own one, drive one, or ride in one ever again. Every time you get more than 1-foot off camber it's like a sloppy noodle and you have no idea when you're actually going over. Oh yeah, and I've been in a one-link rigs for a total of 2 rolls too.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Update:

Here it is in action at Zukicrawl 2010, Katemcy Rocks in Mason, TX on what I believe was it's maiden voyage out. Looks like it did just fine. Maybe Crisbee or someone who's seen it wheel can tell us more.

haters :flipoff4:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Looks good in all the pics at the bottom of "obstacles". If that's all they're wheeling, a "baby lifted" Sami would have probably done the trick just fine.:D

BTW, I never said it wouldn't be fine on mild shiate, just said that a one link is untunable...which makes it complete shiate on "big boy" obstacles.;)

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
As with any of our rigs, talk is cheap and your shit don't get props until it has wheeled successfully for a substantial length of time! I am interested to see how it holds up and acts in differnt terrain. I still like the concept

81 - 100 of 112 Posts
About this Discussion
111 Replies
22 Participants
Symon623
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing