TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered on the site here so I can join in on some of the runs. Heading up to Big Bear this weekend to do a run that was posted here so i'll see some of you guys up there:thumbs:

Here's a pic of my junk, it has a tubed front bumper now.

Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey dave welcome over here bro
when u gonna come out again bro last time i saw u was that cleghorn run i started last year whe i had that black sased ranger with me
Thanks man, yeah that was a good run. I'll try and make the next one up there hopefully. Actually, i tried to get a Cleg run going this weekend but it was short notice for everyone so i'm heading up to BB with some of the guys here.

Dave

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
what is that all u have to say is um..???

hey dave welcome over here bro
when u gonna come out again bro last time i saw u was that cleghorn run i started last year whe i had that black sased ranger with me

TTORA: Toyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

I have no problem with Dave or the fact that he owns a Ford. If he can wheel the piss out of it, then more power to him. It looks like he's dedicated a good portion of his life building and maintaining his rig. I admire that!!! :kewl: He's probably a great guy to kick it with, too. But. . . . this is a Toyota club. This isn't Rock Brawlers or Pirate. If you click on the "About" link on top of the forum page you can educate yourself some more. Again, I would have no problem seeing Dave out on the trails.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Point taken and thanks for the kind words. I'm not here say how great my truck is and I won't even post up anymore pics of it unless requested. I realize that this is a Toyota forum and I'll respect that. We all share the fact the we enjoy modding and wheeling our trucks. With that said I hope to head out on some trail runs with you guys:D

Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice looking truck! :thumbs: How well does she KRAWL!!!
Thanks, it crawls the speedbumps at the mall quite well:p
I built this truck to handle all my favorite trails with minimal breakage and so far so good. Some of those trails would be anything up in Big Bear, Cleghorn and Truckhaven to name a few. Can't get into the hardcore stuff just yet as I have to drive my rig to and from the trails currently.

·
Registered
638 Posts
TTORA: Toyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

I have no problem with Dave or the fact that he owns a Ford. If he can wheel the piss out of it, then more power to him. It looks like he's dedicated a good portion of his life building and maintaining his rig. I admire that!!! :kewl: He's probably a great guy to kick it with, too. But. . . . this is a Toyota club. This isn't Rock Brawlers or Pirate. If you click on the "About" link on top of the forum page you can educate yourself some more. Again, I would have no problem seeing Dave out on the trails.
Really dude...common! Who cares!! So what if it's not a Toyota!

Have you been out to Calico with that thing yet? Odessa and Doran should be pretty fun in your truck!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Really dude...common! Who cares!! So what if it's not a Toyota!

Have you been out to Calico with that thing yet? Odessa and Doran should be pretty fun in your truck!
Too some extent, Sparky does have a point... This is Toyota Territory. Part of the reason 'we' exist is to share a commonality - that is Toyota. We also share/commiserate vehicle experiences, knowledge, etc. Sure, there is a lot of overlap, but when it comes down to Toyota specific subjects, owners of other makes may have to sit on the sidelines. :2cents:

Dave has a really nice looking truck, we can all agree that the love of off-roading spans the make of the vehicle.

Not that I'd put Dave in the next statement I'm about to make, ('cause it sure looks like he knows what he is doing). But when we wheel, we can share spare parts, repair manuals, tools, etc. If we are out with a Ford or a Jeep, etc. and they break, they MUST be self sufficient. Sure, being the kind and helpful folk we are, we'll assist however we can - but it's not like the spare CV I carry is going to do Jeeper any good.

Finally, participation in runs should be first offered to Toyota owners. Specially runs where group size is limited.

Now, with all that's been said - WELCOME to TTORA Dave! You and I and all the rest of us are cut from the same kind of cloth. We share a love for all things off-roading related I'm sure.

You are more than welcome to post up (including pictures of your truck) share advice, offer lessons from your experience, etc.

And I DO hope we get a chance to wheel with you - See you on the trails.

Rick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like this board already, good attitudes all around:xbeer3:

SiRMarlon, I've been to Calico once a couple years ago and it pretty fun although it was pretty hot because we went in late spring. I didn't have the cajones to try the Gatekeeper but maybe next time:D

Dave

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
I like this board already, good attitudes all around:xbeer3:

SiRMarlon, I've been to Calico once a couple years ago and it pretty fun although it was pretty hot because we went in late spring. I didn't have the cajones to try the Gatekeeper but maybe next time:D

Dave

Gatekeeper? :eek: After wheeling with some of the SA guys we have here in SoCal, you'll be trying all sorts of stuff!! ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Gatekeeper? :eek: After wheeling with some of the SA guys we have here in SoCal, you'll be trying all sorts of stuff!! ;)
Your from Pirate aren't you? If so, I know he will run Gatekeeper. ;) Just a matter of time.

I thought most of the Pirate guys build there rigs with brass cajones included. :p

·
Registered
357 Posts
I got the opportunity to wheel w/ Dave last weekend......in fact he helped me get my junk through the east entrance of John Bull.....I'll wheel with you anytime.....ford or not:D:D.....he's got a very capable and trail worthy rig:saw:.....a lot nicer than my junk fo sho.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the opportunity to wheel w/ Dave last weekend......in fact he helped me get my junk through the east entrance of John Bull.....I'll wheel with you anytime.....ford or not:D:D.....he's got a very capable and trail worthy rig:saw:.....a lot nicer than my junk fo sho.....
It was fun wheeling with all of you guys and your truck did excellent for only having 31's. Cocoslow's 4runner would've done a whole lot better if that spare was relocated elsewhere.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts