TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hey Steveo,

Edit.... Nevermind, looks like I won't be going to SLC. Sorry man

I "Might" be in SLC on Monday or Tuesday for work. If it works out and you want me to check it out let me know

Steve

·
Registered
717 Posts
looks to me as if those shocks have no up travel at all. i could be missing something but it doesnt look right to me.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
NorCalTRD said:
looks to me as if those shocks have no up travel at all. i could be missing something but it doesnt look right to me.
I agree - that looks sketchy, and wierd.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
NorCalTRD said:

I also agree......and why does it need limiting straps??

·
Registered
717 Posts
the truck looks lifted, but maybe he installed the wrong shocks for the lift. maybe he wanted to do long travel and just forgot to get the long travel control arms.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
From his discription he states "8 travel shocks" assuming he means 8" stroke... he put the LT coilovers on w/o the LT arms... (as previously stated) he added bumptops and limitstraps to keep the truck from selfdistructing.
From the looks of it, you will have to replace the coilovers, get stock bumpstops and go from there. You will be hitting bumpstops all the time and those coilovers really do not give much if any of a benefit over a 'stock' application like Camburg, SAW, or Donahoe.

I personally have not run energy suspension poly bushings, but from what I understand... they make a ton of noise.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know anything about LT or the set-up he's running so hopefully you guys can fill me in on the set-up. Should I steer clear of it? That kind of suspension is pretty much non-existant up here and I've never seen any of it. I don't even read the long travel threads since they would never apply to me. Keep the input coming. Thanks. ...Steve

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
its not long travel. if you read the article i posted it explains the reason tlt chose to run that type of shock. thats the setup im going to be running soon aswell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts