TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I just moved here form San Antonio, Texas last month (not a native)
originally from Vancouver B.C.

I live in Westminster and work at Ride innovations spam

anyhoo, I have a 92 4runner bone stock :D and it should stay that way I hope.
at most it will get sliders allterrains and a rear locker

I'll be working on a 89 4runner this winter and it'll get the usual stuff

live axle,4.3,locked f/r,bumpers/sliders,37s,winch and some longs up front

here's pics of my 81 pickup I sold before I left tejas

I'll be headed out to leadville the weekend after labor day Im not to sure of the area, but I got some direction, Im headed west from 303 way south of turquoise lake towards mount massive :p

uhm yeah thats it

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Welcome! Nice pickup! I've got a similar one. Anyway, I'm near by in Arvada, at least on the weekends. Post up a pic of your runner too when you get a chance.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Nice old Rig. Can't wait to see the new one! Welcome and check out our planned trail runs (There is a 2009 calander under the plan a trail run section) Come ride along on Spring creek in later september! See the fall colors and meet some folks!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
2nd gen runner! Troy and I both have em. Mine doesn't run anymore though. LOL prolly never will. (Que the berating CoTTORA guys!)

Yeah I wouldn't build a 2nd gen runner up again. They are too heavy and the 3.0 sucks as an engine. But some simple wheeling gear like sliders and a rear locker is perfect!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm well a little update

I'm scratching the 89 and screwin up my nice clean 92. I have a lead on some 1tons, f60 and r14 bolt and a I'm going with a 5.7 vortec/700r4/205 or a ls1/4l60e/205 instead. (decisions decisions):rolleyes:

but I am sticking with the 37s I swear :p

hoping to have this done by the end of march. I don't plan on any installation to start until mid jan .

that is all :D

·
7,735 Posts
let me know if you get the itch to go with a 5speed. I have a really good NV4500 sitting in my garage looking for a home (comes with AA adapter for the SBC too)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ehh did the five speed thing. the sm465 was my personal fave in my blazer short and stout.

but im lazy now and just want to push one pedal :D.

thanks though.

I am looking for a cheap set of hummer bead locks though ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts