TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just wanted to post an introductory thread to let ya'll know a little bit about me. My names Chad and I live in austin (183 & 620 area). I currently am a junior at UT.

I've been a "lurker" and recently broke down and registered to find some great advice and make some wheeling buddies (if anybody remembers the t-shirt design from texas takeover i was the lurker who submitted the two black and white designs with the "70's style font").

I drive a 99 Toyota extended cab TRD with a 3" OME lift up front 2" shackle in the back and a ARB. I will post pics when I get home and my new wheels mounted.
:newbie:

·
Registered
764 Posts
welcome to the club Chad. we should have a central area run coming up in a few weeks that will give you a chance to come out with us.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hows it going! I'm in Austn off of MoPac and Steck; hope to wheel with you sometime!

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA! :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright here ya'll go as promised...pics of my trucks. I don't actually have the OME lift on (anybody have a spring compressor? :D) , i have a Toytec spacer lift still but my driver side has sagged and to fit the new meats i need more clearence...oh yeah, ya'll might recognize the baja claws...i saw the ebay auction on this thread.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mxtaco48 said:
Are in a member of UT's offroad org.?
No, i am not a member mainly because their meeting times conflict with my work schedule. I work part time at University Federal Credit Union (i'm an economics major) as a closing teller so I can still go to school during the days. I'm tied up on most saturday's and weeknights.

I have noticed that most of the local central runs are done on sundays so I figured this would be a better fit for me, that and most of the UT offroad guys have big honkin F-350's and Jeeps (or at least that's what i have seen).

·
Registered
532 Posts
you can rent a spring compressor from o'reilly's. about 90 bucks deposit required but you get it all back when you return it. it can be dangerous to do it yourself though if you dont have experience.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ive found that a hydraulic press can be a bit more safer than a spring copressor.
But not much!

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you have a Sunday to come down to SA, I built a hydraulic spring compressor. Some of the guys have used it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
Ricks72
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing