TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I just purchased a hi-lift 4x rac for my truck just wondering where you guys installed it? I thought it was going to be a little bit different set up and that I could mount it to the inside of the bed but I'm actually going to have to drill all the way through my bed arn't I? where do you think the most ideal location would be? the floor towards the cab? HELP!

thanks in advance,
Spence

·
Registered
168 Posts
Spenc121886 said:
hi guys I just purchased a hi-lift 4x rac for my truck just wondering where you guys installed it? I thought it was going to be a little bit different set up and that I could mount it to the inside of the bed but I'm actually going to have to drill all the way through my bed arn't I? where do you think the most ideal location would be? the floor towards the cab? HELP!

thanks in advance,
Spence
Bolted it straight to the floor of the bed. It is really stought. I like it there a lot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wouldn't think drilling holes completely through would be a good idea. thats probably a good way for rust to start. plus I have a bedliner too and the ridges of the bed liner don't line up with the ridges of the bed itself so it'd be hard to tighten things down and get it all aligned. I'll just hold on to it for awhile and see if it's actually a necessity

·
Registered
168 Posts
Spenc121886 said:
I just wouldn't think drilling holes completely through would be a good idea. thats probably a good way for rust to start. plus I have a bedliner too and the ridges of the bed liner don't line up with the ridges of the bed itself so it'd be hard to tighten things down and get it all aligned. I'll just hold on to it for awhile and see if it's actually a necessity
I used little drill bushing to space the rac up off the bed liner and then sealed all the holes with silicon to make the bed liner water tight again and spray painted rusoleum over the holes that where drilled in the metal to prevent rust. I intend to watch and make sure the rust doesnt take over. If I get some pictures this weekend I will post them up here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used the stock bed liner and 4x4 RAC . The Hi-Lifts weight is on the wheel well and where the jack holds the truck. So the 4x4 RAC Holds it from left to right. Here is a picture to show you what I am babbling about.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/357429 - Bottom of page

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts