TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored and at the shop so I made a Slider adapter for my Hi-Lift. I'm not paying $50.00 for something I can make from material I found in the scrap bin.

End Result

I think it will work pretty well.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next time I am bored and sitting in the shop waiting for a truck to show up.. I will get on that for ya.

Actually, now that I have a prototype I may be able to have one of the guys stay late and make a few. But I would have to kick down a few bucks for time and welding supplies.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finished product

I will ask a few tom. if he wants to make a few bucks.
What do you think is fair? $10.00 each? Takes about 30 min to complete. (Unpainted)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is where I got the idea from. I wanted one, but $50.00 + $15.00 S&H is ridicolous. If they were $25.00 or so I would have bought one.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
That is where I got the idea from. I wanted one, but $50.00 + $15.00 S&H is ridicolous. If they were $25.00 or so I would have bought one.
Ridiculous, perhaps, but without a shop, material or the skill, I got to pay...:eek:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True, I meant no disrespect at all! I am just a cheap ass!

I think what they are charging is silly. I guess the old addage of would you rather have 10 customers at $1.00 a piece or 1 customer at $10.00 a piece is fitting.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK my welder said he would do it for $10.00 a pop and I am guessing that material, Welding supplies and beer will cost another $10.00

So $20.00 each? I would like to do 10 or so if we are going to do this. He just had a baby and it would be good for him to make a little extra cash. I am not trying to profit at all.
With me cutting and both of us welding I think we could make 10 in 3 hours.

I will deliver them next time I get down there to wheel! Hit me up let me know!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
We'll get one. Well aside form the fact that I will put my body between a tree OR a highlift and your rig! :D

Love you Prod!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I was bored and at the shop so I made a Slider adapter for my Hi-Lift. I'm not paying $50.00 for something I can make from material I found in the scrap bin.

I think it will work pretty well.
From your pictures, tolerances and fitment, you used the term "scrap" wisely. :D I do not use "scrap" in making my slider adapters.

(WabFab Off-Road) is where I got the idea from. I wanted one, but $50.00 + $15.00 S&H is ridicolous. If they were $25.00 or so I would have bought one.
For the time I put into mine and what they look like compared to the time you put into yours and what they look like...the difference - fitment and quality is obvious.

True, I meant no disrespect at all! I am just a cheap ass!

I think what they are charging is silly. I guess the old addage of would you rather have 10 customers at $1.00 a piece or 1 customer at $10.00 a piece is fitting.
For someone meaning no disrespect you sure do throw around the negative comments. There is no "they" it is me. I am a one man show. I make every single slider adapter that goes out of here. Not on some assembly line but with care and precision put into each one. They are test fit at 4 different stages of completion to make sure they maintain the strict fabrication tolerances that govern everything I fabricate. My reputation is of the utmost for a quality product and customer service, which starts with my slider adapters for the Hi-Lift Jack.

The pictures are there...compare the two products and I think you are getting what you pay for easily. I'll take selling one quality piece for what it is worth materials and labor vs. 10 poor imitations any day.

OK my welder said he would do it for $10.00 a pop and I am guessing that material, Welding supplies and beer will cost another $10.00

So $20.00 each? I would like to do 10 or so if we are going to do this. He just had a baby and it would be good for him to make a little extra cash. I am not trying to profit at all.
With me cutting and both of us welding I think we could make 10 in 3 hours.

I will deliver them next time I get down there to wheel! Hit me up let me know!
What I find the most amusing is that you are not even welding them yourself? :rolleyes: So really you have no idea of the work involved to make a quality fabricated piece. And I also see your price has now gone up from $10 to $20 for that "cheap ass" imitation.

I wish you all the luck in selling your "accessory" but please do so without comparing my Hi-Lift slider adapter to yours...as there is none.

:welder:

·
Registered
390 Posts
From your pictures, tolerances and fitment, you used the term "scrap" wisely. :D I do not use "scrap" in making my slider adapters.

For the time I put into mine and what they look like compared to the time you put into yours and what they look like...the difference - fitment and quality is obvious.

For someone meaning no disrespect you sure do throw around the negative comments. There is no "they" it is me. I am a one man show. I make every single slider adapter that goes out of here. Not on some assembly line but with care and precision put into each one. They are test fit at 4 different stages of completion to make sure they maintain the strict fabrication tolerances that governs everything I fabricate. My reputation is of the utmost for a quality product and customer service, which starts with my slider adapters for the Hi-Lift Jack.

The pictures are there...compare the two products and I think you are getting what you pay for easily. I'll take selling one quality piece for what it is worth materials and labor vs. 10 poor imitations any day.

What I find the most amusing is that you are not even welding them yourself? :rolleyes: So really you have no idea of the work involved to make a quality fabricated piece. And I also see your price has now gone up from $10 to $20 for that "cheap ass" imitation.

I wish you all the luck in selling your "accessory" but please do so without comparing my Hi-Lift slider adapter to yours...as there is none.

:welder:

Very well said. I know that Wab Fab Does NOT use "scraps" he sells only "quaility" products.

I agree 100% you get what you pay for....

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wabbit,

I never said anything bad about your product nor have I ever heard anything bad about your products. I said it was over priced. And it is. 4" x ¼" Rectangle Tubing sells for around $10.00 per foot, these are 4" long so $3.50 each in channel rounding up, 1½" S/80 SA-106B/C Pipe goes for about $3.00 per foot (A little more if you are using DOM) and has a MAWP of 3399 PSI which is plenty strong to lift any Toyota I have ever seen. So that is about $1.50 per unit bringing your material to roughly $5.00 each. There is a total of 6" +/- of weld. 2 holes and a notch. A little grinder time and your done. The first one may take a little longer but after that it shouldn't. I can see by the offset that your's has a little more thought put into it.

Your product is hands down a better looking product, and may be stronger than this one. However I am not trying to sell mine to the masses. I offered it to a few friends (at their request) and they said yeah. I said ok. The guy who would be helping out would be making a little extra cash and all benefits. You chose to use only the parts of my post that benefit your argument. I did say I welded this one and I did say we both would be welding the others. It would take less time and a good employee would make some extra cash. I have 15 that work for me and I am sure if I asked one would do it for less. This guy happens to have just had a baby and I was trying to help him out.

You don't know me and I don’t know you so to rush to judgment is foolish on both parts. I think there is someone (Ric) stirring the pot here. If you feel that I am encroaching on your business with my "cheap ass imitation" then say the word and I have made the last one. NO harm done.

Prodigy

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very well said. I know that Wab Fab Does NOT use "scraps" he sells only "quaility" products.

Ric,

In the past I have stayed neutral in your beef with some of the COTTORA members. I ignored your jabs at others and listened closely to your advice. I even made sure to tell Jed that you were the one who recommended him, so I guess in a sense I have had nothing but good things to say. I never judge anyone by what others say, I make my own opinion by their actions.

Here is what I have seen.
You choose to start shit whenever you can. If you have something constructive to say it is in a smart ass arrogant way. You choose to post here only when you think you can make someone look bad and make yourself look good.

Either grow up and be constructive or just go away. You are making yourself look like a fool in front of people who at one time had a lot of respect for you. I care not for what you may have to say to or about me, so save your energy.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Im sorry, I thought this was an open forum, I didnt bash anyone, I didnt make any personal attacks.
I did infact voice my opinion, which I do believe, is within the rules here.
I do stand behind what I said

I do have his products, and I trust my rig with them.

You are making yourself look like a fool in front of people who at one time had a lot of respect for you.
I honestly dont care, if you, or anyone else, has any, respect for me.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts