TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know the answer but here is my dilemma. My girl friend got me a hi lift jack for Christmas from the 4 wheel parts store near her house. DESPITE the fact that I gave her the 4WHEEL parts catalog to take to the store with her, and show the sales man (which she did) with "HI-LIFT CASTING JACK" CIRCLED they still managed to sell her the wrong one. Yep, you guessed it, the casting AND steel jack. :mad:

SO, is it worth my trouble to go back and get the all casting jack?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Either High-Lift model is good. I doubt you'll have problems. I've had one of each for over 15 years and other than buying a rebuild kit for both 4 years ago I've never had a problem. I treat my jacks badly, they usually sit in the back of my truck uncovered and I oil them when I remember.
Just thank her, and be glad she thought enough to get you a High-Lift.
Tim

·
Registered
264 Posts
The cast model will last 100 years while the one with some stamped steel might only last 25 years. I guess it depends whether you want to consider it a family heirloom you plan to hand down to your grandkids or not. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree with the others about the Steel or Cast Jacks. As long as you have a good quality jack like Hi-Lift or Lincoln.

I also like to stress to dangers using this type of jack.

ALWAYS have the handle IN THE UP position when changing jacking directions.

Also take your new jack and rig to a good flat hard (cement) surface and test lifting with your new jack. Its a lot better to learn about your new jack when your truck is stable and level than when it leaning on a steep hills, it's almost dark, and your rig is high centered.

Sounds like you have a 'keeper girl friend' Hard to find a woman that can buy the correct tools you want. Hope you got her something she really wanted.

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
Just tell her thank you & merry X-mas-
Its just what you needed. (No point in making her fell like she goth the wrong thing)

Not worth it to switch - They will both function the same
THey both will last a long time if properly maintained

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah I in no way blame her, she is a champ. She showed the guy the catalog with the item circled, of course she is going to assume they were selling her the right thing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts