796 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
787 Posts
Depends on which length you have. You could put it up against the front wall or a tool box it you have one or under the rail on the side of the bed. I just ran bolts through the bottom of the bed and blot it to the bed floor. It holds it down well, just make sure that it is reinforced well to distribute the weight of the jack.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyasaurus said:
Depends on which length you have. You could put it up against the front wall or a tool box it you have one or under the rail on the side of the bed. I just ran bolts through the bottom of the bed and blot it to the bed floor. It holds it down well, just make sure that it is reinforced well to distribute the weight of the jack.
Its a 48''. I am thinking about mounting it on the bedrails right under the back windows and bracing it up somehow. I just havnt figured the bracing part out yet.

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
796 Posts
No problem, man. I ended up mounting mine to thr rails, but I liked the idea of mounting them to a bed bar (which I don't yet have). It is cumbersome though to jump into the bed to get the jack, especially with a cab. I've seen some guys mount theirs to their ARB front or rear bumpers (which I don't yet have, either). :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
One way you could mount it is to run some flat stock from the lip of the bed down to the floor of the bed. Just put a 90 degree bend at the bed so you can run a bolt at both the bed rail and the bed floor. Then mount the rack onto the flat stock at the height you want. The jack will be out of the way over the wheelwell and have a sturdy mounting point.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I used the lock rac and mounted mine to the front of the bed. I used a couple pieces of 1" square stock to mount the locking end so it would be straight. Works great.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shuwtist said:
I used the lock rac and mounted mine to the front of the bed. I used a couple pieces of 1" square stock to mount the locking end so it would be straight. Works great.
Do you think you could post up a pic of that for me.
Thanks

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
tacoma_trd1999 said:
Opinions on where to attach the Hi-lift 4x4 RAC to the bed rails or another part of the truck that would give easy access.
Thanks

I mounted mine on the passinger side of the bed on a piece of angle bolted to the bed in 4 places. Keeps the sheet metal from bending...

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
what did you do to add extra support inside the toolbox?
I have the 4x4 lock rack and want to do the same thing
can i see some pics of the inside of thr toolbox?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts