TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has been covered on the National Forums....sorry to repost....but I have been on them for the past few hours searching and researching mounting techniques and positions....I still can't find the one thread I was looking for ...it's sort of frustrating....

I have the "Loc-Rac" Mounting hardware but may be looking for some angle iron or other ways to mount it ....

Any suggestions?

***edit***

Also, thinking back to using a hi lift on carnage that night, I've studied the manual and know exactly what we were doing wrong, why, and how to avoid the same issues. It's amazing what you can learn from reading the instructions and practicing with something ...LOL.:wiggle:

I feel extremely comfortable with it now and along with the tow strap and webbing I have I think I could winch myself out of some pretty hairy predicaments...even without fabbed bumpers and sliders etc......but that's all coming soon...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Look at the Rear Bumper thread in this folder

I mounted mine on the bed rail, against the cab. You can see a bit of it in the bumper pic. If that is where you are thinking of mounting I can take some better pictures for you. It was a piece of cake to mount and is very solid. Of course if you have a 60" jack I don't believe it will fit.

Brent

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Red 48". Yeah I'm mostly curious about the mounting hardware / brackets etc ...

I hear that when "you're" bouncing around offroading though that people have torn through the sheet metal of their beds because of the weight of the jack and stuff.

I obviously want to avoid this ...:kewl:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have seen them mounted to the sides but I would be worried that the sheet metal wouldn't be strong enough. My roomate has his mounted to the side and it's been fine for about 2 months but he doesn't wheel it.
Here's how I have mine mounted. I put some extra pieces of metal down to help distribute the weight.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
get a bedbar....... then you have something to mount your spare to as well

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mounted mine on the bed rail, against the cab. You can see a bit of it in the bumper pic. If that is where you are thinking of mounting I can take some better pictures for you. It was a piece of cake to mount and is very solid.
PM'd you for pics...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Brandon said:
I have seen them mounted to the sides but I would be worried that the sheet metal wouldn't be strong enough. My roomate has his mounted to the side and it's been fine for about 2 months but he doesn't wheel it.
Here's how I have mine mounted. I put some extra pieces of metal down to help distribute the weight.

nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts