TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got xmas $$$ and am going to go with the X-TREME (I figure I will bling my jack w/ powder coating LOL) anyway I am debating inbetween the 48" and 60" Wanted any thoughts of thoughts who have Hi-Lits what size they have. I aleady know how much the 60" is my friend just got one for xmas too. so I fig the 60" I would have to mount on the side, the 48" I could do width wise

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
With my 33's and All-Pro Bumpers/Sliders a 48" would be nearly useless (except on flat ground)... It really depends on where yer mount points are on yer bumpers... IMO... I'd go with the 60"... It sucks when you need a little more and don't have it :( ...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DONE. I only am stock right now but geting sliders soon (with in the month) and doing the lift in the spring. (2-2.5 Hoe+deaver combo) eventualy I think 33's are in order but not right now.
60" is it than
thanks

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i would go as big as your budget allows and mounting options, you can usually never have too much jack, but can easily have a jack that is too short....

i dont know about powdercoating it, that may add extra size to it and not allow it to function smoothly

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
CronusTRD said:
Nope, just painted in crappy red paint.
My bad. I honestly thought that they were powdercoated. I've never even had to use mine yet. It's mounted up with my spare where they have been since I bought them. I probably need to take it down and practice with it a little so that I won't be completely lost when I do need to use it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jimbo74 said:
i would go as big as your budget allows and mounting options, you can usually never have too much jack, but can easily have a jack that is too short....

i dont know about powdercoating it, that may add extra size to it and not allow it to function smoothly

the x-tream is factory powder coated! it also acts like the jaws of life :)

I am going w/ the 60" thanks guys

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
phatman said:
rather then getting the x-tream get the red 60" and then buy a jackmate... here is review of it for you.. the cost comes out the same and it's more usefull.
Hows that. The atachment that the xtream and what you mentiond both all do the same things. Plus the xtream's is all cast, nothing welded to break etc.
What is the advantage in the 2 seperate things v the xtream? I do not see any other than I dont get a powder coated hilift :) lol

EDIT:
Now do we (ttora) have any sponsors that sell this kind of thing... I mean "universal" stuff for wheeling (jacks, straps, chains etc)

·
Registered
217 Posts
1. double shear setup. this is just something i like.

2. rated cap of 8,000 lb. when the jack is rated at ~5,000 lb. and the X-tream top is rated at 7,000 lb. i dought the welds will break.

3. it also has the advantage of be used as a more stable footer while jacking. for exmaple, rocky rock gardens where the standard base can't find a sure footing, in woods you can place it on logs, and in the mud where the jack would normally slip it will dig in and grip.

btw: i thought you where going to have it powder coated your own special color..... thats what you said
ripkinC said:
(I figure I will bling my jack w/ powder coating LOL)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, (not arguing) the xtream can do everything you mentioned there. It may not have as sharp of a assorie "foot/spreader/whatever" but the thing I like is that it is all cast. I understanding of your liking how the other wraps the jack.
As for powdercoating, the xtream comes pre-powdercoated in a gun-metal gray.
Thanks for the points on both things though.

NOW does any sponsors have this shit that I can buy from them or do I have to go somewhere else?
thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts