TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a 60" hi-lift jack? Also is anyone on here using one of those generic kinds?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
valkyrie said:
Shawn, your best bet is probably Tractor Supply. Figure about a buck an inch. You can run all over the place trying to save abuck, but I'm not sure you have a lot of options up in the Indian Nation. :)

All I can find up here is the generic farm jacks where the handle is mounted permanently to the jack.

I will probably just order one from TSC when I come back through Texas for Christmas

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
faithoffroad said:
Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a 60" hi-lift jack? Also is anyone on here using one of those generic kinds?

Hey man im useing one of the Northern Tools 48" jacks and it has served me well.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I would watch out for Chinese made "no name" type high lift jacks, you really don't know what kind of steel they used to make it "look" like a real High Lift. Having experienced this in other areas with Cummins and Harbor Frieght, what may look like a good deal may not be when you really need it. Not trying to tell anybody how to spend their money, just trying to share multiple experiences I have had with Chinese made equipment.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Here at a nearby Tracor Supply in Joplin they have 60" cast Hi-Lift brand ones for 39.99. So maybe u could check their website for a local dealer since that seems cheap to me.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KStacoma said:
Here at a nearby Tracor Supply in Joplin they have 60" cast Hi-Lift brand ones for 39.99. So maybe u could check their website for a local dealer since that seems cheap to me.
DAMN!!! Thats real cheap. Are you sure its the HI-LIFT brand?

How long have you lived in KS? I tried to get a chapter started up there once but there wasn't enough of an interest. I used to be stationed at Ft.Leavenworth.

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
208 Posts
Sometimes they have a pallet of them at Meridian Tool here in OKC. I can call and check for you. The price when I got mine there was $35. 4wpw would have matched it if I wanted -- of course after I already bought it and told a friend who works there...

You gonna be in OKC any time soon???

Edit: You know, I just re-read your post... Meridian Tool usually only has the 48" jacks. :(

Jody.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Outback said:
Sometimes they have a pallet of them at Meridian Tool here in OKC. I can call and check for you. The price when I got mine there was $35. 4wpw would have matched it if I wanted -- of course after I already bought it and told a friend who works there...

You gonna be in OKC any time soon???

Edit: You know, I just re-read your post... Meridian Tool usually only has the 48" jacks. :(

Jody.

Damn I really need a 60"

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have one that is made by american gear manufacturer and other than it coming on the my rig it works great I'm heading to Tractor Supply right now to buy a Hi-Lift for my brothers Scout for Christmas.

Aaron

·
Registered
203 Posts
WallyP226 said:
I would watch out for Chinese made "no name" type high lift jacks, you really don't know what kind of steel they used to make it "look" like a real High Lift. Having experienced this in other areas with Cummins and Harbor Frieght, what may look like a good deal may not be when you really need it. Not trying to tell anybody how to spend their money, just trying to share multiple experiences I have had with Chinese made equipment.
I was in the Harbor Freight store on Sat and that place has some really good stuff and some really cheap stuff that I wouldn't give a 2nd look.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Well, I do believe you get what you pay for.

I bought some cheap welding clamps, they bent with hand power and no I don't have some kind of massive grip.

I bought some chinese produced 3 ton jack stands, they cracked at the weld onto the main support and riser part. I was under the truck when I saw that, lets just say I got out of there quick. I ended up fixing them, but why?

I bought a free weight bench, bar, squat rack. Again I had to shore it up to keep it from flying apart.

I bought a hand grinder, it died half way through my first project.

Mind you each was a "good deal" but I really think I got exactly what I paid for!

I needed a new hand grinder, I went to Sears this time and bought an American made one for 3 times the price of a chinese one, because I want it to last more than a couple of projects.

I can just imagine getting stuck out in the middle of nowhere with a flat or stuck in the mud, ya need to jack up your truck, ya hook on and it bends because of inferiour materials. Talk about disheartening or learning a hard lesson at a hard time.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
"DAMN!!! Thats real cheap. Are you sure its the HI-LIFT brand? "

"How long have you lived in KS? I tried to get a chapter started up there once but there wasn't enough of an interest. I used to be stationed at Ft.Leavenworth."

I've lived in ks for all my life but havent had the taco for more than a year or so. I'd love to have a KS chapter but i dont know of anyone other than a few people on here and a few on yota tech in ks, and most dont seem too serious. But anyways, yes i'm sure it's a hi-lift brand jack, and hell yeah they are cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
13 Participants
faithoffroad
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing