TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What axle SAS?

Has any one put swapped a Dana44 onto a 1986 Toyota pickup...i cant decide if i should do that or just go with an 85 Toy axle? would it be more cost effective to just get a toy axle and build it up with longfields etc or would the Dana44 be better? One reason i like the Toy Axle with the 86 pickup is that there are hi-steer kits ready to bolt on...i tried looking for a company that makes hi steer kits for the 86 pikcup but with a Dana44 but cant find anybody. If anybody can help me decide what to do or has any suggestions i would really appreciate it...thanks!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Longfields will be stronger than the 44 stuff. Id stay toyota and get a diamond housing with the FZJ80 hi pinion 3rd Elocker!! If you want to stay cost effective, go with a stocker 85 front housing with a lockright or something :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i am trying to build it tough and pretty flexy but still need it as my daily driver...just in case anybody is wondering it is a longbed-but hey i can fit elk in it better...maby bob the bed somday. Also i might either buy one of the AllPro SAS or Marlin Crawler SAS but will probly have my local offroad shop do it custom and buy parts from those 2 companies...if i did just end up buying the kit does anybody prefer one over the other...if so why?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts