TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another rookie here. Been lurkin for awhile, just signed up. I live in Idaho Springs and, uh, make beer for a living. So I'm poor and can't modify my truck too much:mad:. But, it came with a small lift and 33x12.5's, plus sliders, so it can get fun. I've been wheeling since I got a truck at 16, but I have never done anything too terribly technical, so I'd like to hook up with some of you guys and do some driving, hopefully I'll learn some stuff without being too annoying with questions. I'd like to tag along on the 6-13 run if I don't have to work. Hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately no e-locker. Arb air locker is on the wish list, and next to more armor is high (like second) on the list of things to do. Yes, it's TKB, and yes, there is free beer for advice (and even more free beer for help with wrenching and stuff). Like I said, I don't have a lot of money, so I use the barter system a lot. Mostly I've just been on some of the easier stuff around here, like Barbour Fork, most of Bill Moore, Spring gulch/ Cascade Creek, and some of the other old mining roads. Thanks for the welcome; see you down there.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Well we have wrench-a-thons about once a month, usually at one of our places (the most commen is the HOW north which is in Longmont) But we could always set one up for your place if it would help. I mean we'll bring the welder to you for beer :D

We do have a wleder to weld on other body armour. (It sounds like you already have sliders which is GREAT!)

If at any point you don't want to take your truck on a run, you are always welcome to ride along! If you can't make it next weekend then we have a pre-run for our wheelers for the wounded crew on the following Sunday (the 21st?)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like I have to work the 13th, so i won't be able to make that. I'll maybe shoot for the 21st, although I usually have a solstice party to go to. Any more info on that? Do you start threads up for your wrench sessions? I saw the sticky but couldn't wade through the whole thing. didn't see anything recent on the last page or two. I would feel bad having people I don't know bring their welder to me, and I don't have a garage anyway, (although I do have access to a couple). But I will bring beer there. Really what I'm working on now is more armor (front and rear bumpers, xtra cab pro welded onto the sliders, belly stuff) and re-gearing and locking the axles. (oh and continuing to cut out the wheel wells til my junk don't rub) For pro I'm leaning towards the addicted front and the MC rear bumper; I'll have to custom the slider add ons. Need steel and a bender/ welder for that. Looks like you had good sources of steel lined up, any extra pieces or whatever lying around or being ordered in the future? Anyways thanks for the offers, hope to do some wheeling w/ fellow toy peeps soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts