TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently have been experienceing a hiccup when starting cold after the rig sat for a few days in sub-zero. Starts right up, but when it idles down after 15-20 seconds, sputters and stalls. Starts right back up, then is fine. Fluids are all fine, just changed out the oil and air filter at 10K. All I can think of is fuel filter. ????

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have started mine at -40(with and without block heater on), and no hiccuping, so something is not as it should be.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oilsandsfj said:
I couldn't see the snow being a problem, I have been bombing through some deep stuff, and no problems. I almost sounds like when you start a quad when its too cold, and your getting to much air (as if the choke wasn't working). Anyways, good luck.
The only problem I have had with my engine was a blown crankcase seal, which sucked really bad.
Talked with Toyota today and they thought there might be something wrong with a sensor that is telling the computer to idle down before the engine is warm enough, but the guy I talked to wasn't familiar enough with the 4.0L to tell me where the sensor was or how to check it, other than having a scanner hooked up the next time I start it cold to get any codes that might be helpful. Don't have one though and can't leave my car overnight at the mechanic... at least not for a few weeks.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I thought of that, but couldn't decide where to put it... maybe just under the inside of the hood so I can watch the FJ try to lick it off...:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts