TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom Retro-Fitted Cadillac CTS Projector HID Headlights. I'll include 2 Philips osram d1s bulbs, 2 retrofitted headlight housings with projectors, 2 phillips ballasts, and the wiring. Basically everything you need to make the swap to true HID. These were done with quality workmanship and sealed up air tight. No humidity or moisture inside lenses ever!

Located in 79901. Asking $600 + shipping.

·
Bearded Red Viking
775 Posts
Sorry for the ?'s but I'm not very educated on the HID's even though I have been reading up on them on TTORA...

So let me get this right...

These are just the headlights? Not the park/side lights too, right? Your pics looks like your housings are an all in one setup. Do you have a cover or something over them?

Also, I live out away from the city in TX. My wife just totaled my fathers truck a few months back hitting a horse on a windy, twisty road that is super dark. In your opinion, you would think these type HID's are plenty bright compared to the OEM high beams?

Is there a way to work in a high beam on these? Or absolutely no?

Thx, & sorry for the ?'s. Just tryin to learn, and make a decision as to if these would work for us.

·
Registered
124 Posts
High beams on a xenon projector will depend on if the projector housing has the solenoid to flip the cutoff lens up or not.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Sorry for the ?'s but I'm not very educated on the HID's even though I have been reading up on them on TTORA...

These are just the headlights? Not the park/side lights too, right? Your pics looks like your housings are an all in one setup. Do you have a cover or something over them?

Also, I live out away from the city in TX. My wife just totaled my fathers truck a few months back hitting a horse on a windy, twisty road that is super dark. In your opinion, you would think these type HID's are plenty bright compared to the OEM high beams?

Thx, & sorry for the ?'s. Just tryin to learn, and make a decision as to if these would work for us.
Here's everything you could ever want to know about HID, or any form of automotive lighting.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1768060

If I had the money I'd pick these up, I just cant justify spending $600 on headlights when the truck needs other things first.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wish I had an extra $600 laying around. Good luck with the sale. Really like the black mask look you've got there. Free bump!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Oh trust me...these will light up anything within 500 feet of you. You won't even need high beams with this setup...but if you need them just mount some foglights on a light bar up front. These are so bright they light up the reflective highway signs and make them look like they are electrically lighted and glowing! I just need to sell these to get some cash to start my next retro-fit with led strips in it. :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
ttt

Do alot of people flash you thinking you have your high beams on? They look nice...Did you paint your grill yourself?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do alot of people flash you thinking you have your high beams on? They look nice...Did you paint your grill yourself?
Some ppl flash me, but for the most part I get HID respect:cool: Besides with the lift on the truck it's going to be bright for anyone in front of you with either light setup you have, unless you angle them downwards but then they don't line up with the corner lenses and looks fugly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: New Package Offer Deal: I will include the black powder coated billet grill, trd badge, 1 pair retrofitted headlights with everything you need to have true HID, and smoked corner lenses. Everything you need to transform your front end to a clean, custom, one of a kind look.

$650 shipped, I need the money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts