TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad dosn't want me doing anything to my truck performance wise..but i cant take it i have to do something..it just dosnt have enough to me. Is there anything i could put on my truck to give it more horsepower. Throttle body spacer or something? And by the way he works at the dealership where it would get checked and inspected ( he wouldnt do the checking ) but the people would tell him.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
+ Deckplate Mod w/ performance filter (AMSOIL or TrueFlow)
http://www.wattora.com/index.php?page_id=10

+ AIRAID M.I.T.
+ Cat-back exhaust system (Magnaflow, or Gibson)

Stay away from things like Throttle Body Spacers, and K&N FIPK's. If you really want to learn. Spend a little more time searching this forum, and a little less time in the Performance Products catalog!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
dude, give it up... the only thing that really adds power is a supercharger, and you just can't hide that. go get a car if you want to go fast. it's a fucking truck, use it, wheel it, haul with it, or get something else.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ..i know its a truck dumbazz..im not looking to go fast...my truck wasnt built for speed ..and i know this.. but around here my truck wouldnt last to long where everyone else goes...weve got a place called the powerlines... i know a guy with a black ext cab v6 turbo tacoma 99 that just barly made it thru and thats just about the only place here and everyone told me i wouldnt even make it off the road..its either that or go to a clay hole where ill stain everything and yea....dad will be happy with that seeing as he dosnt want me taking on a dirt path even...and did you notice ..im 17 working a grocery store...not like a supercharger is goin to fall out of the sky... would take me like 2 years of saving and even then the truck probably wont be in my name by then so it wouldnt matter

·
Registered
414 Posts
Quit calling it your truck if you didn't even pay for it. When you buy your own truck, then you can worry about trashing it and unlocking its magical unicorn powers. You should respect your father's wishes, since he was nice enough to buy the truck for you in the first place.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
1st of all - you're not going to get too warm of a reception around here calling experienced, knowlegeable members "dumbazz".

2nd - I gave you an answer. There are a few inexpensive things that you can do to to your truck to get a noticable performance gain, that your old man most likely wouldn't notice.

Refer to my post above.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well see thats the thing...my brother has a Z71 that my dad bought for him...dad told him to not do anything to it..but he did it anyways and afterwards he said he liked it..so it leaves me in an awkward sitiuation of what to do

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
NcYota99 said:
ok ..i know its a truck dumbazz..im not looking to go fast...my truck wasnt built for speed ..and i know this.. but around here my truck wouldnt last to long where everyone else goes...weve got a place called the powerlines... i know a guy with a black ext cab v6 turbo tacoma 99 that just barly made it thru and thats just about the only place here and everyone told me i wouldnt even make it off the road..its either that or go to a clay hole where ill stain everything and yea....dad will be happy with that seeing as he dosnt want me taking on a dirt path even...and did you notice ..im 17 working a grocery store...not like a supercharger is goin to fall out of the sky... would take me like 2 years of saving and even then the truck probably wont be in my name by then so it wouldnt matter
I guess you're just screwed then. Wait until you're 18, then move out and do whatever the hell you want to do. Until then, utilize your time reading through stuff on the forum before posting anymore useless questions. This is the second time you've asked bascially the same question. You've now gotten the same answer numerous times. Be glad that you posted in the Newbie section. You would have been devoured by people with much less patience otherwise.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well thanks for the input...i was just looking for help and i thank Sar for his idea's and im looking into them as we speak...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
dude why do you keep asking these questions then don't like the answer and you call people dumbass...

i told you the one thing that will make noticeable difference in power. intake and exhust mods give very little power (although they do improve some) but that by far wont make the difference between making it through that "off-road" spot you talk about.

And trust me i noticed you are 17... you definatly act like it...

my point was that when i was 17 i wouldn't waste money on mods like that on a truck i don't own. but if you just have to do it, get something usefull like a locker, winch, or armor so you don't fuck up your dads truck.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sry..lol i know i get defensive thats just how i am..no offense just people around here are jerks..thanks for the ideas guys...ik its not my truck at the moment but i do pay for repairs gas parts and the only reason i dont have to pay for it was because it was rolled and insurance totaled it so it got paid for with insurance money

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
NcYota99 said:
the truck probably wont be in my name by then so it wouldnt matter
Its not your truck, its his.. you do as he wishes....

You havent mentioned year/engine.... looking at your avtar its a 91-95.. so 3.0 or 22RE... not a lot of power to work with... it sounds like you want to do mud stuff, otherwise hp isnt what you need... the only real way to make enough power from either of those motors is to drop more money than the truck is worth into the engine, and then upgrade the entire drivetrain... so your SOL on two counts now....hp is not cheap... it would be cheaper to put a differnt motor in, and your dad would notice that.

Just live with it, many live with those stock motors.. my stock 22RE turns my 35's where they need to go....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no its a 1999 prerunner 2.7L single cab

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
scratch what i said about the throttle body...i got my hands slapped!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so far only thing ive done is the 4x4 painted fender flares,31x10.50 BfGoodrich A/T's,Mickey Thompson classic two's,Westin ultimate bull bar, and i put all clear lighting on the front.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heres a tire/rim pic

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts