TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that has installed HID's on their trucks, can they help me wire up mine.

I bought some HID's for my Taco, but when I hook them up to the 3 prong connector, they will not light up.

Does it require any modifications to the wiring?

Any help would be truly appreciated... and please, no "do some searching" answers, because I've done a lot of searching in this and other forums and haven't been able to find anything.

so please the "do some search" comments, keep them for your self.

thanks...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did it come with ballast and all ? before I did my retrofit the ones I had didnt come with a wiring harness, pics would help a lot here

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yep, need pics of what you did. It's possible you got duds, depending where you got them from, but most likely missed a step somewhere.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Are these retro fitting your current headlights? or they separate systems like LightForce?

I can assume they are retrofits, because your statement of the 3 prong plug... but just to make sure, please clarify.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Did you ground it properly (I believe on both passenger and driver side) and hook up the hot (red) wire properly? If so it should be just a turn of the knob like normal to get them to come on. Go back thru and double check every connection you made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts