TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up peps i want to mount my high lift jack in the bed of my 2002 V6 TRD 4x4 above the right fender below the rail. What kind of brackets do i need to acheive this and how hard is it to do this? Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just bought the Hi Lift brackets to do this, this week. Get the 4xRAC from Hi Lift. It sets the jack away from the bed sides. I was thinking about backing up the bolts with a plate inside the bed walls to distribute some of the weight and prevent damage to the sheet metal from all the weight.

·
Registered
343 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
Whats up peps i want to mount my high lift jack in the bed of my 2002 V6 TRD 4x4 above the right fender below the rail. What kind of brackets do i need to acheive this and how hard is it to do this? Thanks.
I got a bed bar for sale if you are interested. $50

Oz.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
i have the lok-rak and it kinda sucks. i made 1/8" plates for the backs and it doesnt help, the sheet metal will still bend when wheeling. you wont notice it on the road but when the truck is rockin back and forth on the trail it starts bangin pretty loud and i can see the lip is bent down a little. i used zip-ties and bungees to keep it from being loose and it still bangs around. im plannin on going with a bed bar in the near future. but this is just one mans opinion. dean made a nice rail type jack holder from scratch and its sturdy, doesnt wobble and doesnt bend.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, the Loc Rac is designed to mount on the inside of the bed rail. The 4xRac is two brackets to mount on a flat surface and it spreads the weight over a larger area. The Taco bed rails have no support under the inside lip.

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
I welded on up from 1 1/2 flat stock. Sorry picture is not very good but you can't post any good ones here any more.....

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts