TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one with high milage having any problems motor/tranny wise for something thats at least 140k +?

i'm looking to do some truck swapping and just curious what to expect with a vehicle thats got about 40k+ miles than i have now.

-Brandon

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats why i figured i'd post up on the national board cause i'm sure there's a few out there with high milage :) i know i've got the 4 banger pushing 35's for a while now with 100k+ on it with no problems just curious what the v6's are seeing at that milage

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I have a 95 4x4 x-cab taco with the V-6 / 5-speed, and 186K miles. I would say that I am a more aggressive driver than average but probably better at doing regular maintenance.

To my knowledge the only work done on the entire rig is as follows:

-Timing belt & water pump at 142K (didn’t brake yet but was driving the Al-Can in Feb)

-Rear U-joint at pinion, and center carrier-bearing 156K

-Clutch (actually throwout bearing died but did everything while I had it apart) 178K

-Coil pack for #’s 1 & 2 (slight misfire at above 3k rpm developed) 185K

Just my experiences, but from what I remember I am not alone in the low maintenance requirements for these motors. I am positive there are some guys on here with over a ¼ million miles and no major issues…

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
az250r said:
Any one with high milage having any problems motor/tranny wise for something thats at least 140k +?

i'm looking to do some truck swapping and just curious what to expect with a vehicle thats got about 40k+ miles than i have now.

-Brandon
I had my power steering pump changed at 35K, i now have 40K.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have 152k on a '96 3.4L, 5 speed. Dipstick still reads full at each oil change. No leaking fluids. Runs smooth and strong. Shifting a bit notchy, but I've learned that's a Taco thing. :)

I've only had the truck for about 2.5 years, and I am the third owner. I can say the t-belt and water pump were done at 87k, and the records I have don't indicate anything other than regular maintenance. This truck will do 250k, no problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
az250r said:
anyone else?? any high milage experience??
I had a 84 Toy with over 200K++ and it was still going until the day I sold it. The only things I changed on it was the clutch @ 155K and the usual maintenance......Toyotas are built to last as long as you take care of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.