TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've done some searching and can't find much as far as a comparison between the different brands. mainly, i'm looking at trail gear vs all-pro. all pro says it has fj80 rod ends, trail gear doesn't list what there's are. both run .25" tube. All-pro's arms look a little beefier at a glance but its hard to know from pictures. is the all-pro kit worth the extra $$?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
If I recall, the TG arms also use the 80 ends; I recall seeing something about that on their site a while back. It's all about the same and I can't think of an specific stories of failure between any of the major brands (Marlin, TG, AllPro etc...)

:2cents:

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
I think the main difference is the pin size going into the arms. Trail gear uses a 3/4" diameter, while the marlin (and I'm sure ap does too) uses a 1" diameter pin.

As far as the other differences, side from metal, they're identical. I know trail gear uses cast, I think marlin and ap are billet

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
I think the main difference is the pin size going into the arms. Trail gear uses a 3/4" diameter, while the marlin (and I'm sure ap does too) uses a 1" diameter pin.

As far as the other differences, side from metal, they're identical. I know trail gear uses cast, I think marlin and ap are billet
Allpro arms are forged.

Also, here's a good comparison of the tie rod ends..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Goldfinger
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing