TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a good kick out of it anyways. Got a call from a friend last night telling me that some people at work had gotten a warehouse forklift stuck and wondered if I could bring in one of my work trucks to pull him out.

I went out with my 82 4x4 and looked at it. I believe it was a 4 ton forklift....maybe 5 ton but some genius had driven it outside the warehouse into some nice soft sand and tried to work with it out there. Long story short I was able to pull him out after the jeep had failed miserably trying to do so.

His excuse was that I had a v6....:lmao: so I showed them the Hamster cage under the hood and then it was my turn to laugh. No real wheeling involved but now they owe me a favor lol.

·
Registered
507 Posts
No pics? ahh sheddy...
he couldnt just drop the forks and use it to his advantage?Same way we get back hoes out under its own equipment.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics? ahh sheddy...
he couldnt just drop the forks and use it to his advantage?Same way we get back hoes out under its own equipment.
Tried that....wouldn't work for some reason. The pressure would just escape?? Might be the forklift but oh well. No pics because I forgot my phone....and I couldn't very well ask them to take pics lol....they were embarrassed about it :lmao:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good story. Warehouse forklifts are easy to get stuck on anything not 4XFLAT! They'll lift a wheel on a driveway appoach and spin.

Also, lifts I've seen do not power down on the forks like a bucket. There is plenty of weight to get them down.

Long live squirrel cages!

·
Registered
258 Posts
After learning to use a "off road" FL (ag industrial tires and pretty big so fair turning at best) I got to use one of the ware house turn on a dime FLs. Even took it in the gravel parking lot a little but never got it stuck. Made for a rough ride though keeping momentum up... :driving:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After learning to use a "off road" FL (ag industrial tires and pretty big so fair turning at best) I got to use one of the ware house turn on a dime FLs. Even took it in the gravel parking lot a little but never got it stuck. Made for a rough ride though keeping momentum up... :driving:
Sounds like you need to give the guys that operate the one over at my supply a few classes lol.

I love the TRAM! It's a medium 10k bucket loader with an optional fork attachment and I got pretty good with it on deployment. I'd offload about 200 pallets of chow and water in about 5 or 6 hours in off-road terrain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts