TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Now that i am actually getting motivated to work on my own vehicle i figured i would start a thread.... This thread will be like most of my other build threads, 90% bs'ing/talking and 10% actual tech/ work... It wont be the quickest build thread of all time, but I figured y'all wouldn't expect any less from me :D

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now onto the goods!

I figured I would start off half way there :lmao: So I picked up an 1985 4Runner off my co-worker :cool:

Now that I have gotten the good out of the way, It's onto the bad.....

There is some body damage and rust on it that I will be taking care of ASAP

And the 22RE needs a bit a work. I am thinking it has a blown head gasket but either way the motor is going to be getting re-built and over hauled right off the get go

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
tacoma gone?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone have a front passenger fender and corner light laying around that they want to sell?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Oooh the elusive 85' 4Runner... I loved mine. Just don't do a 3rz swap. 5vz or bigger. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
As I said on the phone, nice work!
I have a passenger fender, from the rollover, but its not in any better shape, and I dont have an extra corner light (thanks to you - "Oh yeah plenty of room - you got it, keep going" *smash*)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As I said on the phone, nice work!
I have a passenger fender, from the rollover, but its not in any better shape, and I dont have an extra corner light (thanks to you - "Oh yeah plenty of room - you got it, keep going" *smash*)
In my defense, you did have plenty of room once you clearanced out that pesky corner

Holy moly! :eek:

Put the taco engine in it!!! ;)
Want to help me do it?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
It wont be the quickest build thread of all time, but I figured y'all wouldn't expect any less from me :D
Truth

Put the taco engine in it!!! ;)
Engine, Rear Axle, Tires/Wheels, Bumpers:)saw:), and Sliders. And then part the rest out!

Nice job Matt. I cant wait to see some progress.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
hows the interior?

i'd take that stock front bumper off your hands if/when you want to replace it!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hows the interior?

i'd take that stock front bumper off your hands if/when you want to replace it!
seats need to be reupholstered.. but other than that the rest (that i plan on keeping) is in good shape. i'll post up pics this weekend of it once i get done cleaning out the old carpet and whatever else i might find in it.

i'll let you know on the bumper bc it will be coming off soon :saw::welder:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why oh why can't this be a pay week? i want to start ordering parts for it!

first major work to it will be rebuilding the motor. planning on ordering up this kit.
http://www.lceperformance.com/Economy-Master-Rebuild-Kit-22R-RE-85-95-p/1010112.htm

wile the block is at the machine shop getting worked on i think i will have them bore the cylinders out +.030" and then add in an rv cam, once i get to re-assembling the motor. roach suggested using these guys (http://www.engnbldr.com/) to get the cam but who else should i look into for it?

1 - 20 of 121 Posts