TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I have a 1998 T100. It has a 2.7 l in it. It is a base base base model. Didn't even come with a side mirror on the passenger side or a reset button on the trip meter. As a matter of fact it's only got six digits for his odometer. Doesn't even have a trip meter. As I see on the motor I have e3r k83. I have replaced the plugs the wires and the bank 1 and 4 coil. I replace the coil because the number one plug was cold and I saw Sparks at night when I had the hood open. When I bought it, it had brand new injectors in it. That was approximately 2 years ago. They were about 6 months old and most of that time it had been parked. Due to this misfire thing still going on I think. As a side, the coil is available at Parts Plus for 33.99. It seems the misfire is not present when I start it cold. It only appears after it's warm. Not sure what's going on but I don't find any water in the oil or oil in the water and I'm not running hot so I don't have any gases in my coolant system.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,502 Posts
Could be a number of things, but first you need to know if its a random misfire or is it specific cylinders. If specific cylinders, then check plugs, injectors, coil, compression, etc. If random, then check TPS, MAF and the intake for vacuum and air leaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be a number of things, but first you need to know if its a random misfire or is it specific cylinders. If specific cylinders, then check plugs, injectors, coil, compression, etc. If random, then check TPS, MAF and the intake for vacuum and air leaks.
Well guys, turns out it was simple in my case. The new spark plug wire that I bought was bad. One of the boots was broken. The one at the coil and so it was sending power up the outside of the wire. My original problem was the number one wire. That is why this whole thing started in the first place. But the new wire set had a broken boot on the number 3 wire. I didn't notice this until at night when I open the hood and ran it. It wouldn't even do it full time I had to rev it for it as well so looks like my problem is fixed good luck to the rest of you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
glad to hear that your issue was solved op. nearly half the time its always the smallest thing that we overlook. if i were you i would have been worrying about some major issue and would not even consider it was the spark plug wiring. thanks for giving us an update on that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glad to hear that your issue was solved op. nearly half the time its always the smallest thing that we overlook. if i were you i would have been worrying about some major issue and would not even consider it was the spark plug wiring. thanks for giving us an update on that
I have to admit a little bit of concern, at least at the beginning. I wondered if maybe it was a head gasket going but I don't think I have any other issues. So far it seems to be running really really well and it's like it hasn't been since I've owned it. These motors seem to be incredibly sensitive to vacuum and to spark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts