TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got out of my truck tonight and noticed that there was a hissing coming from my exhaust, it sounds like a leaking tire but ive put my head to each tire and its coming from my muffler, after you turn the vehicle off the muffler hisses for about 3 or 4 minutes and goes away. is this normal? or is it a exhaust leak that a new muffler might take care of?
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Usually when I hear the exhaust hissing it is usually coming from in front of the cat.

The most likely cause is a plugged up cat causing a lot of pressure to build in the exhaust and it looks for any way to get out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for all your help gadget, one more question, is it a problem or nothing to worry about ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Probabley need to have your cat looked at...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
thekosherpickle said:
thank you for all your help gadget, one more question, is it a problem or nothing to worry about ?
Until you know what it is there is no way to tell. Get it checked out.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Gadget said:
Until you know what it is there is no way to tell. Get it checked out.
amen to that... goodnight... :) until then enjoy the sound and tell all your friends that you have a snake trapped somewhere in your cab and advise them not to ask for anymore rides... that's what I would do... but that might not be a problem for you... hmm how DID u get that hissing sound? too bad i don't have it, I would actually put the hissing sound to good use.. hmm good luck..

-ALex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts