TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally hit 200,000 miles today on my 96 Tacoma. I would love to get a Highlander and put the truck in semi-retirement, but that may not happen this year.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
why put the truck into retirement? drive it until it wont run anymore! thats what its there for.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Most excellent. What engine and tranny? I'm impressed. What has crapped out over the years??? I bought mine used, and I see from service records that prior to 40k miles mine had lost its water pump. 01 Dcab V6. Interesting stuff....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The extra cab is a little small for a family and taking trips with them. If we get a Highlander, then the wife can drive that, I can take her car to work and my truck fulfill spare,snow day, trail, utility roles.

I have the 3.4L V-6 with the auto tran. The engine still seems strong enough. I am still getting about 21-22 MPG and the emissions test did not show any problems that lead me to believe I am burning oil (like my last two vehicles)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey the big 200K...congrats.
You need to get a Highlander ...all the old conservative foggies that I've meet whom bought them now have radar detectors because they find them selves driving fast often! LOL! Those things run and handle great! Much nicer for commuting!

PS if you drive the wifes car daily that makes you a Nissan driver ...OH!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Commutacoma said:
I finally hit 200,000 miles today on my 96 Tacoma. I would love to get a Highlander and put the truck in semi-retirement, but that may not happen this year.
good sh*t! My 4Runner has 188K miles on it and I drive it pretty hard. Nothing besides a few minor things and some trail carnage have happened yet so far. I've known some Tacos to make it past 400K, so ya still have a ways!... if ya get a highlander try and get the one with the 3MZ-FE motor, big difference in power from the 1MZ-FE... oh oops, sorry... I meant the 3.3L has more power over the 3.0L. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Sweet! Catching up to my 85 runner!! :D My 01 DB cab is not far behind with just over 135K! Gotta love our toyotas!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts