TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup... it got me this weekend. took off 13". i couldn't believe how easy the whole thing was to pull off. right now all i have left to do is finish up a little bit of welding on the inside seam when i get more argon/co2 and make/rework my rear bumper. I didnt even go through one whole 4.5" cutoff wheel and the seam was so tight i didnt need to do any grinding. the only thing i had to do was notch the lip under the tailgate for the frame rail to make both peices of the bed mate back together perfectly

i asked my friend to bring over his new 37's so i could test fit them on my truck. right now i'm running 32s but i fit 37s with room to spare on my rear axle... its really time to get cutting for the sas :saw:

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Looks good! I found the project to be very easy as well. People who spend 19 hours trying to fit up the 2 halves shouldn't cut their shit with a sawzall :D 13" is the magic number to put a double cab shell on too, nice :)

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
You are going to cut those frame rails off aren't you??

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i cut 2 inches off last night and tacked on that peice of 3x2 just so i had something for the drive to work today but i will be cutting the frame shorter and making a new rear bumper within the next couple days

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Whew, after seeing that 2x3 I thought...What the crap!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didnt get far but got a start on the new bumper tonight

i'll be putting a trailer hitch and recovery points on the main bar which is being made from 3x2x1/4 and the wrap arounds are being made from 3x2x1/8. tomarrow i should have the wrap arounds welded and cleaned up

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the rear bumper isn't completely done, but its pretty close. all i need to do is add support for the side wings, weld in the trailer hitch tube, and get some weld on shackle mounts. i got everything else pretty much finished up

next up is a sas to level the front and some 35"+ tires

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no, i havent cut my overload leaf on the chevy springs yet so right now they pretty much stop just before they reach flat

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
amatoer10 said:

next up is a sas to level the front and some 35"+ tires
hey, that exhaust out the side is pretty cool ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I am guessing all that trimming on the rear wheel well is in preparation for the 35s? Looks good though, no problems with the exhaust moving when heated up and cooled down?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes, the fender trimming is in prep for bigger tires. i actually cut the rear when i still had my stock springs that sagged so much i couldnt clear 32's, but now i'll have plenty of room for some meats once i level the front. i'd like to maybe go all the way up to 37's if i can find a decent set

as for the exhaust, i have absolutly no problems with it moving around. i actually have the exhaust hangars welded to the frame so i doesnt vibrate or move around as much as it would if i had the rubber hangar mounts in there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts