TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who bends tube

Hey im wanting to make a roof rack, and will need 8 90deg bends? I found the tread about where to buy steel does knk or any of those place bend tube?
ive seen a couple builds useing conduit but I want to use steel. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can go to just about any fab shop and they should charge per bend. What size toob or piping will you be using?
Not sure on size? 1 inch, maybe a little smaller.. I guess I needto go look at some metal first

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Most places are gonna charge between 10-20$ per bend.

You could also use square tube, make finish welds on the inside, template and cut the corners, and plate them round with sheetmetal. That, you could do with a 4.5" fap wheel and any welder.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Scotty @ Addicted Offroad in Greely has a sweet tube bender. I would give him a ring, he is very reasonable on price and does great work. He may even have some steel, or could order it for you.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
You could also use square tube, make finish welds on the inside, template and cut the corners, and plate them round with sheetmetal. That, you could do with a 4.5" fap wheel and any welder.
This is what i did for my "bent" square tube bumper that follows the bed line (lower wrap around) for my rear bumper. Worked great, and surprisingly stout for just some 18g sheet metal.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea ive thought about square tube, just prefer round..

Ill have to give addicded a call, ive been wanting to check out his bumpers!

·
7,735 Posts
Ok, this has gone too long with out:

You'll make better progress with " Ho! Bend dat tube, ad I mean now bitch" :2cents:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts