TTORA Forum banner

Would you install the Hoes and UCA's now or spare them the harsh Winter?

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, it's late and I can't sleep so I'm gonna post a tech-weak conversaiton piece.

I live in Northern Illinois (about 40 miles north of Chicago by the Wisconsin border) where they salt the hell out of the roads in winter. I just bought a set of Extended Travel Donahoe coilovers and had them completely rebuilt by DR (but stupid me - I forgot to get the new "extreme weather coating") & and a brand new set of Camburg UCA's.

I'm pretty much done with wheeling for this season unless I'm talked into a last minute Badlands Run. I'm also about to do my PreRunner-to-4WD conversion (which means swapping spindles).

I'm only living here until fall of 2008 at which time I will return to San Diego, so I figure it might do me some good in the long run to spare these new (and expensive) suspension components 1 Chicago Winter, if I can.

SO - My question to you is - would you wait until Spring to install the Hoes & UCA's? I've already made my decision - I just figured I'd see what you guys would do.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I vote for spring. Your season wheeling is over with. There's nothing that your current setup can't handle in the snow.

You also kind of hint to your decision... ;)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Just wait until spring...and hit me up when you get back to SoCal, we'll go wheeling.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i am with the other guys, dont ruin them before you get some good wheelin in first.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
If you're not going to be taking it out there's no point in installing them except the bling bling factor to get chicks :D anyways, let me know when you get out here I'd love to talk to you about the conversion you're doing and do some wheeling with you too.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea - maybe I'll give Ryan at DR a call tomorrow. Sucks to have to pay shipping all over again, though. :doh:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i would wait till spring, thats what i had to do... it sucks to have to wait and look at those nice coilovers all winter, but i think you will feel better in the long run that you didn't expose them to one chicago winter. hell i am going to try to drive my car as much as i can this winter to avoid salting them up, although i think i have them pretty well protected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts