TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got sick of the rough ride and swapped out my ToyTec 3" spacer lift up front with Donahoe coilovers. Absolutely love them (it has only been a week and a half though). Now I'm thinking I need to upgrade the rear as well. The current setup is ToyTec 2" lift shackles. There is a noticeable difference in ride quality front to back now and my leafs don't look too good either. Here's a couple pics.

Driver's side:

Passenger's side:

They are pretty much flat and when the rear axle is hanging freely the passanger side doesn't droop nearly as far as the driver's side. The leafs stay almost flat unlike the driver's side which hangs with a normal looking curve.

Anyway, after lots of searching and reading (like a good noob) it sounds like what would fit my needs best are the OME (Dakar) rear leaf springs. I want to maintain at least stock payload (I tailgate, camp, and haul things here and there) while getting the best ride quality.

My concern is that from searching around people report about 2.25" - 3" of lift from these springs. I would like to keep my Donahoes as close to the factory preset as possible so I don't kill the ride quality (which is supposed to be approximately 2" of lift). If I do this won't I then end up with the rear being 1.25" - 2" higher than the front accounting for the stock rake of a 1" higher rear?

Typically all I have in the rear is my high lift jack. Am I missing something or does everyone with the OME leafs either crank up their coilovers or throw sand bags in the back?

Oh, and I have a 2004 extended cab 4x4 V6, just a brush guard on the front for now.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Hoes+ OME = Homies:D

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
i have that set up. hoes cranked to 2.5 and the back is about an inch higher.
if you want it level then youll need shorter shackles or 1.5" springs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
badmoonrising said:
i have that set up. hoes cranked to 2.5 and the back is about an inch higher.
if you want it level then youll need shorter shackles or 1.5" springs
I could probably do the same. I don't necessarily mind the factory rake, just dont want more. How is the ride quality with that setup?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Here are my new dakars pictured. That pic was taken about 10 minutes after i took out the jackstands. my front coilovers are probally around the 2" range. initially its quite a bit of lift. keep in mind its a slanted driveway but the bed it more than one taller than the front

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
nruller said:
fuck you and your toytec coulovers:D

just kidding man!

Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hossmaster said:
Here are my new dakars pictured. That pic was taken about 10 minutes after i took out the jackstands. my front coilovers are probally around the 2" range. initially its quite a bit of lift. keep in mind its a slanted driveway but the bed it more than one taller than the front
Cool, thanks for the pic. I think I'm definitely going to get them.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
hossmaster said:

Lets see some pics of that thing on flat pavement!

wheels Loooks good!

·
Registered
46 Posts
There is a good Group Buy going on now at toyotanation.com
I think it ends march 10 for OME dacar leafs,shocks, ect.
PM PD the moderater

-tmoore

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
planohog said:
There is a good Group Buy going on now at toyotanation.com
I think it ends march 10 for OME dacar leafs,shocks, ect.
PM PD the moderater

-tmoore
It's 05+ only though. I miss out by a few months...

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
Lets see some pics of that thing on flat pavement!

wheels Loooks good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts