TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nah seriously... where do you sign up for the deal at Hot Springs in April ???? I know I could have searched and blah blah blah !! Flame me if you will I just want to sign up and draw attention to it.

This is a great oppurtunity to wheel and have fun with some pretty good folks !! Even if your rig is a broke down 2wd, somebody wil have a seat for you.

I plan on bein there most of the day Sat and more than likely will be bone stock in my open diff 94 4runner, so don't worry bout wheelin a DD.

With all that said sorry I got your hopes up for some boobs !!! I'll try to find some and post em up for all you !!!! Hope to see everyone there . Paul

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
It looks like I may actually have more peolpe from NE Arkansas come down to wheel this weekend, than there are toyotas registered. :D

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
It looks like I may actually have more peolpe from NE Arkansas come down to wheel this weekend, than there are toyotas registered. :D
Tell em to sign up then, for crying out loud. But, I guess that would be even more sad to have more non-Toyotas sign up for our own event.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Tell em to sign up then, for crying out loud. But, I guess that would be even more sad to have more non-Toyotas sign up for our own event.
Most of em including the toyota part of the crew don't do much computing. I highly doubt they will preregister, or care about getting a tshirt.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Most of em including the toyota part of the crew don't do much computing. I highly doubt they will preregister, or care about getting a tshirt.
What about eating? No offense, but I don't think we want a bunch of people showing up to eat that either haven't paid, or been counted.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
What about eating? No offense, but I don't think we want a bunch of people showing up to eat that either haven't paid, or been counted.
If were only feeding those who paid due to preregistering, then thats ok, itl just be the 10 of us then. :rolleyes: If on the otherhand we are accounting for unregistered guests then any who don't get fed, becouse of not preregistering, just don't get fed, its that simple. Mabye we should disclude Jeep guys, and any non toyota guys from eating with us, even if there is ample food. :rolleyes:

The group of locals I invited are all still mabyes at this point, other than a few. Carliton, Mikey, Lance, and Chad, will likely come. They are all toyota guys (except Carlton's suzuki) and good friends, who "bring the party". Chris, and Orlan (also good friends) will also likely come, and generally alog with them, means a easy 1/2 dozen other locals who like to hang with em, er us. I'm not trying to tun this into a NEA trail ride, but I did read that this was posted as an open event. If that changed, then delete my registration and refund my money please. Otherwise, just continue as planned and don't worry about feeding those who dont pay, and come by our camp and have a sandwich and a beer.

Truth be told I can name more noncomputing toyota guys who would like to come to this event than, computing club members who actually are willing to preregister for an event. Either way I have spread the word of the date trying to get recognition for our little club. Now that these guys are willing to come to an ARTTORA event, lets show em a good time and mabye next time they will do the same, as I, and spread the word some more. Oh yea, speaking of noncomputing members, Dennis Fant is gonna be home on R&R that weekend, and Wants to Wheel.

Sorry for the drama, couse I imagine your just conserned about feeding everybody, but unless we have the club funds, or the 10 of us are willing to front the club some money, feeding everyone isnt likely to happen. I'll front some $, and take a 1/10 share of the loss if there is one. Just throwing that out there in case everyone else has the same conscern.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Faber,

I think you might have mistook my post. I am in no way trying to rock the boat for non-Toyota guys or non-computing guys. It is still an open event, for sure. My main concern is that we get a good idea of how many people are planning to participate so we can have enough food and that the club isn't on the hook for money we don't have. I know you can apprecite that. Just keep me posted on how many you expect to come, and if you think the Toyota non-computing guys would be interested in shirts, cause they are going to be badass! We will post up a better estimate of meal and shirt cost when we have more information

I really appreciate your efforts for spreading the word and increasing the turnout, because so far, pre-registration isn't going well.

Thanks,
Lance

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Faber,

I think you might have mistook my post. I am in no way trying to rock the boat for non-Toyota guys or non-computing guys. It is still an open event, for sure. My main concern is that we get a good idea of how many people are planning to participate so we can have enough food and that the club isn't on the hook for money we don't have. I know you can apprecite that. Just keep me posted on how many you expect to come, and if you think the Toyota non-computing guys would be interested in shirts, cause they are going to be badass! We will post up a better estimate of meal and shirt cost when we have more information

I really appreciate your efforts for spreading the word and increasing the turnout, because so far, pre-registration isn't going well.

Thanks,
Lance
How far ahead of time do ya need that estimated number? Will the weekend before work? And I will ask the toyota guys about the tshirts, but it may be a week or 3 before I even get a chance to do that, due to overtime at work.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Week before is probably plenty of time for the meal. Not so much with the shirts. We're going to be sending in the order soon. We will have a few extra to purchase on site, though (not a large amount).

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I need a good estimate of meal needs at least a week beforehand. I'm sure that number can be adjusted that friday, but I'm not calling the caterer to add food for 50 more unaccounted people. We will be ordering additional shirts, but there won't be enough for everyone that shows up unannounced. In short, there's no guarantee that you'll get anything if you didn't bother to preregister by March 21 and us having an accurate headcount prior to the event will make for a much better time for alll.

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
so have all these non computes been registered?? Michael, if you pm me i will enter thier names and stuff into the registration page.

Name, addy, phone #, rig type and trail preference as well as shirt sizes

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
so have all these non computes been registered?? Michael, if you pm me i will enter thier names and stuff into the registration page.

Name, addy, phone #, rig type and trail preference as well as shirt sizes
Too late. Registration page is closed, and the shirt order has been made.
I Gave everyone fair notification to preregister so if they didn't get it done, its on them. I have 1 thats showing without registering for shure, and 2 mabeys. All the others who said they were coming have either backed out or gone missing. I havent heard from any of em anyhow, so whatever. I have heard of a couple others from NEA who were going, but, who knows. :confused:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Hey Jordan I just wanted to let ya know that i have another friend coming down with. he has never been rock crawing before. We need to break him in right. :D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Hey Jordan I just wanted to let ya know that i have another friend coming down with. he has never been rock crawing before. We need to break him in right. :D
Oh crap...

This time, make sure you wear your seatbelt, goober :flipoff4:

But seriously, I'm looking forward to hangin' out. I'm kinda itchin' to be Steel Cable Management Coordinator for somebody :D

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Oh crap...

This time, make sure you wear your seatbelt, goober :flipoff4:

But seriously, I'm looking forward to hangin' out. I'm kinda itchin' to be Steel Cable Management Coordinator for somebody :D
I'm not closing out the invite. Come down and hang with us. You and Jesse will just have to play leapfrog for the seats, or winch cable, which ever suits yall.

I think I learned my lesson on the seatbelt thing. I hope I did anyhow. Mabye you can help keep the seatbelts in check. You can be seat belt operations manager. :flipoff4:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts