Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
ptrautne said:
And who said jeep would never go to IFS. Now it has IFS and IRS
i think they're calling it "dual/split solid axles"

the axles themselves are solid (they don't have a CV or a double cardon joint)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Have you guys read all the stuff about it? What do you think about the Jeep Hurricane?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ize likes....dual friggin' hemi's!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
dual hemi's, 37's, that thing is a monster. jeep sure knows how to please their offroad enthusiats. lets see if it goes into production. also look up the jeep rescue if you havent heard about it. another concept they showed off last year at the auto show.

·
Registered
199 Posts
ingenious concept. really gotta appreciate the ingenuity that went into it, but how well would it ACTUALLY do on the rocks? sure it can spin in circles (a dog can do that chasing its own ass) but how well would it do flexing and articulating? if someone has a link id like to see it.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
nastynate said:
i think they're calling it "dual/split solid axles"

the axles themselves are solid (they don't have a CV or a double cardon joint)
If you look close there is a CV joint instead of a u-joint. It would still be considered IFS and IRS because the tire can move independently.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that is crazy, but imagine gas for it, i bet that has a small tank, you would have to tow it everywhere. plus that think would be expensive as hell too.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Damn, if toyota would only follow in their footsteps...it'd be a perfect world then wouldn't it? lol i won't hold my breath...wonder what the price tag would be on something like that Hurricane...probably more than an H1. have to see if it gets to production or at least some of it's new features and ideas could make it into their vehicals...then maybe other companies would kinda get a clue and try to keep up or one up them. Crossing fingers now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yawn....Yet another concept vehicle that we will never see.......& maybe if we do finally ever get the chance to buy one It will be way overpriced. BTW...those new "Hemis" are not true Hemis......Just another way that our auto companies are thriving on the ignorance of most americans. But hey George W. does the same thing....thrived on the ignorance of most americans....& look where it got him.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Pretty damn cool but why have two engines. Add the cummings diesel with a banks kit and you can make over 1000hp and 1500ft/lbs tourqe. Get a tube frame with a cummings diesel, add a banks kit then you have something.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Dude, that thing looks like a plastic toy. Interesting, but over the top. Who (beside celebrities) would possibly buy something like that? Everone knows axles kick ass in hardcore rock crawling and IFS sucks. It'd be good on speed, I imagine.

"While Hurricane is a concept, Zetsche said patents developed could show up on future Jeeps."

I think that kind of gives it away that it wont be into production. Take all of the great ideas and put them into one big object. Not a bad idea to show off, if ya ask me. Heck they can get a idea of what works and deosn't. But anyone remeber that viper v10 pwoer bike that dodge showed off a few years ago? haha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts