1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
but does it keep water out?

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Make sure to install a good bug screen somewhere before the MAF.
Ask Dean about that :p

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still using stock filter location but putting porch screen in head before Mudfest this weekend

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
still using stock filter location but putting porch screen in head before Mudfest this weekend
Dean had the Safari on his...sucked a bug into the MAF and caused all sorts of major, major problems.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seems like that could only be possible if he was running without a filter

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
seems like that could only be possible if he was running without a filter
can't remember the details on how the little sucker got in there...gonna have to find the original thread.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Plenty of shit gets sucked in Safari snorkels from bugs, to acorns, to spiders, bark, and branches. I had a whole nest of some sort in the head of mine. The only thing their head has on any other design is the rain separator ports. I would be reluctant to use any other head driving in a downpour doing 70mph. My intake is 3" strait exhaust tube and the only thing besides the Safari's head design that's keeping rain water out is my air filter and it has never been wet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the great thing about the power head is it's a 2 piece design which the top cover is held on by 3 screws that actually allows water to seep in between the 2 pieces and easily removed for whatever reason
and the toyota emblem fits perfectly in the gap btw

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no unfortunately last thing on our mind when doing it but will get pics of connection to airbox and under fender and pieces and prices list, also can't believe no one has brought up the interesting pvc running across the windshield and why the windshield is so clean, or the cut buckshots lol :saw:

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
also can't believe no one has brought up the interesting pvc running across the windshield and why the windshield is so clean, or the cut buckshots lol :saw:
LOL, what a great idea for a mud truck :lmao:
where's the water tank?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Only on days that end in "Y"
So driving in the rain is no problem?

Plenty of shit gets sucked in Safari snorkels from bugs, to acorns, to spiders, bark, and branches. I had a whole nest of some sort in the head of mine. The only thing their head has on any other design is the rain separator ports. I would be reluctant to use any other head driving in a downpour doing 70mph. My intake is 3" strait exhaust tube and the only thing besides the Safari's head design that's keeping rain water out is my air filter and it has never been wet.
I think ive seen your snorkel around here somewhere, but you have no problem with driving in the rain with the safari head?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
LOL, what a great idea for a mud truck :lmao:
where's the water tank?

That is cool, couple guys I know could use that for sure.

D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts