TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.toyteclifts.com/images/photos/09.jpg

Saw this on the Toytec website. I was figuring it was swapped from a 2002 4Runner, but there is no way it would line up with the grille/headlights.

I'm new, so dont crush me too hard.

Is this hood custom, or is it available online?

Thanks

NomadTRD

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
not the greatest detail shot, but to me it looks as though it is a Glass works fiberglass hood.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i know i have better pics but heres one w/my scoop

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Is that one functional at all? You pick that up off of ebay or something? I have leaned towards getting a hood scoop and having it nonfunctional just because I like the look. I know it isnt necessary and a lot of people bash on people with hood scoops but I could care less.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the look of the 2002 Limited 4Runner hood (with scoop).

The more i think about it, picking up a spare hood and glassing in a scoop is not a bad idea.

I like the glassworks hood, but DIY may be cheaper, since you'd have to paint it either way. The trick will be finding an OEM 02-04 hood locally for a decent price.

danstoy your hood looks awesome, is that the glassworks, or custom moulded onto your OEM hood?

NomadTRD

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Why not just do it to your existing hodd, no spare needed? Put up more pics danstoy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like the look of the 2002 Limited 4Runner hood (with scoop).

The more i think about it, picking up a spare hood and glassing in a scoop is not a bad idea.

I like the glassworks hood, but DIY may be cheaper, since you'd have to paint it either way. The trick will be finding an OEM 02-04 hood locally for a decent price.

danstoy your hood looks awesome, is that the glassworks, or custom moulded onto your OEM hood?

NomadTRD
i cut it in, i bought two hoods (just incase i messed up) and i opened up the scoop for air flow, i'll get the pics up soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
sorry guys it wont let me upload any more pics.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Which file hosting site are you using? I am interested to see the pictures, it is a good looking scoop.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That looks real good, do you have any pictures of the process. This might be something I think about sometime but isnt really on the "necessary" offroad mod list.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Danstoy, glad to see you finally coming over from TRD O/R. You did a good job with your scoop. I was thinking about getting a pair of fumctional hood louvers for mine just because it would be easier. I would like to know more detail also about how you incorporated your scoop. That's one clean job and nice looking. You truck is clean too!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would like to know more detail also about how you incorptooorated your scoop.
i never did that type of mod before so thats why i bought 2 hoods i cut the scoop out first i just drew a center line and measured out from there s o it would be easier to center on the truck hood, iuse a cut off wheel and a stright edge to cut it out and seperated the braces , then laid it out on the hood, traced it cut it a 1/4" short, used a flange tool, popped holes all around the edge, welded it in and finished it.

i was going to take pics but once i got started i forgot to take them:rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dan that looks incredible.

What scoop did you use? From a 2005-2007 Taco or 4Runner, or a 2000-2004 4Runner?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dan that looks incredible.

What scoop did you use? From a 2005-2007 Taco or 4Runner, or a 2000-2004 4Runner?

Thanks
02 4-runner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts