TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am looking at some stuff for the hitch receiver for recovery, and don't know if it is better for a clevis type thing or just a hook? Which one works better or are they the same?

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
clevis type

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If you get in a pinch, you can use the .625 daimeter hitch pin to secure the strap.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have two d-ring shackles on my truck. they are nice because you can move them to wherever you need. I bent the factory hooks on both of my taco's, but i have heard that you can get one's off of a chevy/gmc to fit up in the front too.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
When you get in a pinch...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
When you get in a pinch...
thats how i roll

i have heard that you can potentially bend the pin though, but you can cut it out later if needed, i have never had it bend and have done that several times

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
thats how i roll

i have heard that you can potentially bend the pin though, but you can cut it out later if needed, i have never had it bend and have done that several times
Yeah, depends on how hard you yank it. When you use a draw bar with a hook or clevis on the end, you distribute the load on the outside of the pin where it's supported better.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is something that I was talking about if anyone didn't understand.

This is the hook style i was talk about.

Of this type?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Clevis style is best. It is a lot more versatile for recovery.

·
Registered
98 Posts
this is the one i have except the one i have is made by procomp. i've been yanked out by this TONS of times and so far its been holding up pretty good. i'm looking to get the one made by WARN with the shackle on it though.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, depends on how hard you yank it. When you use a draw bar with a hook or clevis on the end, you distribute the load on the outside of the pin where it's supported better.

what he said ^^^^

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I prefer a clevis. I just wanted to throw out another option for folks on a budget, or in a pinch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts