TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all!

I have changed my horn out about three times and each time about 1 to 2 months passes and the horn dies. I've been suddenly awake to my horn blaring at full blast in the middle of the night awaking all the neighbors and dogs howlin. When I run out to pull the leads from the battery, moving the steering wheel cuts it off. But, if I move the steering wheel again it comes back on. I don't know if it's the coil inside the steering wheel cover or if the relay is bad or what. Periodically I go check the fuses to the horn and they are blown along with maybe two others.

Any help on the howler would be much appreciated.

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
812 Posts
Hey y'all!

I have changed my horn out about three times and each time about 1 to 2 months passes and the horn dies. I've been suddenly awake to my horn blaring at full blast in the middle of the night awaking all the neighbors and dogs howlin. When I run out to pull the leads from the battery, moving the steering wheel cuts it off. But, if I move the steering wheel again it comes back on. I don't know if it's the coil inside the steering wheel cover or if the relay is bad or what. Periodically I go check the fuses to the horn and they are blown along with maybe two others.

Any help on the howler would be much appreciated.
It's gotta be a pinched or loose wire connection at the steering wheel.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,535 Posts
Yes, likely the coil cable is going bad. Sometimes its the horn wires that go bad, sometimes the airbag which will trip the airbag light. When you replace the cable, you'll need to leave the battery disconnected for at least an hour or so to avoid any issue with the airbag system discharging by accident.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts