TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matt,
Have you considered getting HID's on your Camry? I'm really thinking about it, but I'm trying to find out if the stock light housings will hold up to the added heat. I've asked someone on a 4Runner forum how theirs are doing but I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully they are doing well cause I really want to upgrade the headlights. Do you have any info on this?
 

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
he's going to have to get the 4 HP (Hamster Power) upgrade to put out the extra power needed to run the HID's!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
Cnote, ive thought about that myself, but the housing isnt designed to accept HID type bulbs. if you notice that when you pull up to your garage or a wall, you have those little spots of light above the actual headlight beam. those are called squirrel catchers and with HID they well basically blind everyone and mess up the cutoff of the HID beam. Not to mention i think the laws changed about retrofitting HID's in vehicles that did not come with them from the factory since they produce so much glare. over on a chat board called toyotanation.com there is a camry/camry hybrid section and some people have done theirs but im too lazy and cheap to hack up my headlights.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

search ya damned newb :flipoff4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
Spacecwboy said:
he's going to have to get the 4 HP (Hamster Power) upgrade to put out the extra power needed to run the HID's!
maybe throw a opossum in there for the highbeams
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TomTRD said:
don't you know how to PM or give the guy a call? we don't need to know you're hacking your hybrid........ :-D

Is your name Matt? No. So fuck off. :D I posted here in case anyone else had any info on the topic.

Where ya been, Charlie? You're very quiet these days. Are you married yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
Cmartinez95 said:
Is your name Matt? No. So fuck off. :D I posted here in case anyone else had any info on the topic.

Where ya been, Charlie? You're very quiet these days. Are you married yet?
nah he's ... :wife: :whip: and :jack: !!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is an H11 kit on xenondepot.com that is supposed to plug right in. I found another kit on another forum that was a little cheaper and is totally plug and play too. My only question is will the housings take the added heat from the HID bulbs. I know some people, like Tom had HID kits in their Tacoma and the stock housing didn't take the added heat very well. I'll wait a while before getting this, but I'm definitely getting them. The stock lights suck IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hossmaster said:
nah he's ... :wife: :whip: and :jack: !!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,394 Posts
Cmartinez95 said:
There is an H11 kit on xenondepot.com that is supposed to plug right in. I found another kit on another forum that was a little cheaper and is totally plug and play too. My only question is will the housings take the added heat from the HID bulbs. I know some people, like Tom had HID kits in their Tacoma and the stock housing didn't take the added heat very well. I'll wait a while before getting this, but I'm definitely getting them. The stock lights suck IMO.
the thing about theese they do not have a cutoff line and will annoy other drivers, you will need a retrofit projector kit in order to have the real hid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
law116 said:
the thing about theese they do not have a cutoff line and will annoy other drivers, you will need a retrofit projector kit in order to have the real hid

thanks for the info. How's it going out west?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
law116 said:
the thing about theese they do not have a cutoff line and will annoy other drivers, you will need a retrofit projector kit in order to have the real hid

Just re-read the thread on the Camry Hybrid forum. Apparently the kit mentioned does have the cutoff line. One dude has it and claims he has not had any issues with oncoming traffic. I hope he's not full of it and just posting crap.
 

·
[duma]
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
watch it there Pedro, why won't you just jbweld all those spare aux lights you had onto your brand new family car, that will get you some extra light!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TomTRD said:
watch it there Pedro, why won't you just jbweld all those spare aux lights you had onto your brand new family car, that will get you some extra light!

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion. I feel dumber already. :)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top